Wednesday, August 10, 2016

not the vacation I wanted...

But it was the perfect vacation.  
Our budget is tight.  By tight,
 I mean T-I-G-H-T!  
Because of this...



and this...



and this...



and this...



Sports have consumed our lives.  It's really good for our kids but it makes taking a vacation tough.  My idea of a vacation is lying on a beach or next to a pool doing NOTHING!  Just relaxing for a week because when I am home I cannot relax.  With 5 kids and 4 sports (soon to be 5 as Brady starts soccer next week) there is no down time.  So I was frustrated that our budget didn't allow for my idea of a vacation this year.  I really needed one!

Determined to make memories we decided to drive to Utah while my hubby was working (he usually flies out there but buying 7 plane tix was not in the budget so we drove).  He worked during the week but on the weekends we visited National parks,,,




the Olympic Park...


 and had the best time...


There was absolutely no relaxation involved (unless you count a 10 hour drive) but it was one of my favorite vacations ever!  

And little Brady certainly enjoyed himself.  He's spent the past  4 years watching his older siblings get to do all the fun stuff.  Finally it was his turn.  After everyone else had a turn, my crazy 4 year old jumped off a cliff (not really a cliff but we called it that)...





and did a ropes course 65 feet in the air...




even ziplining to a platform and then jumping off all by himself (he looks like he's hanging in the sky)...



One thing that I have realized about myself is that I am crazy overprotective about my kids being in my sight at all times (especially Brady) AND driving in cars with other people (I'm very picky) but I let all 5 of them dangle on wires 65 feet in the air (I was right behind them).  Makes absolutely no sense - right?  I guess I have a lot of faith in wires and cables...


Enjoying our last days of Summer...back to our crazy school schedule next week (insert tears).

No comments: