Sunday, December 25, 2016

Life...



Once again it's Christmas.  A time of Joy for most, a time of sorrow for many.  My heart just aches for those who like us are split onto both Heaven and Earth.

Today we celebrate Jesus.  For our family, this has been a very different Christmas.  An upcoming job layoff next month put a hault on spending so we had to be creative and stretch what we had.  My kids are so resilient at this point that they made some fun new memories in the midst of it and haven't complained at all.  Our family has been through so much the past 8 years since Nate died.  It's just been one thing after another...  I'm finally at the point where I told God "What else ya got?".  Honestly, I just don't care anymore.  I know He has my back and whatever He is molding me into, it's for a reason.  Life just has to be uncomfortable for a little bit longer.  

So today, we focus on Jesus and because of Him, our church family blessed us with some love.  I much prefer to be the one doing the giving but it does feel nice to be loved on.

May your Christmas be full of Joy no matter what the circumstance is.

XOXOXO

2 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Beautiful post, He does have our backs! xoxo

Anonymous said...

Love checking in on your family. Haven't visited in awhile. So glad you are seeing the positive in life. You are so lucky and blessed. Your family is lucky to have you. Hope to see another update soon because you are very inspiring.