I get asked this question ALL of the time.
I mean ALL OF THE TIME.
I used to be the mother duck with 4 little ones following close behind. But now that they are older, and have crazy sports schedules, they aren't with me very often when I am running errands.
But I always have this little one with me.
Always.
When I'm out, people are always asking me "is this your first"? I am finding that I love being asked this question. It gives me an opportunity to talk about Nate. My sweet little boy that most in this world don't know about.
I always answer "No, actually he is number 6. We have 5 here and 1 in Heaven." Those two sentences almost always catch people off guard. Probably because there aren't too many people that talk about their children living in Heaven and because I can say it rather matter of factly now instead of whelming up with tears. It's just a fact. A fact of my life that my middle son lives in Heaven. I don't like it. I don't understand it. But, it's my fact.
So, I enjoy my little errand outings with Brady and now I look forward to getting the opportunity to talk about Nathan.
WEDNESDAY HODGEPODGE #663
2 days ago
6 comments:
I love that you mention him! Im still working up the courage on kael.. I love nothing more than to talk about him but hate peoples reactions sometimes! Thanks for your example brady is a doll!
This brought tears to my eyes. I like that you can share Nate with them. God has given you the perfect platform and it's important for people to know!
Also, he is adorable. Love the photo!
:) I love that you look forward to the question so you can talk about Nate
I love that you say that without even thinking about it....sometimes I do and sometimes I don't. It just kinda depends who I decide to share that with at the moment or who is worth it, you know? I LOVE your errand partner! He looks so much fun!
we have a son, caleb, that ditched us for heaven, too. i tell people i have three but my heart always whispers "4." when i can talk about caleb my heart is overjoyed.
looking forward to heaven.
Post a Comment