I vividly remember 4 Summer's ago. It was right after Nate died and we had nothing to do. N O T H I N G. The days were long. So long. And empty. So empty. Although on most days all I seem to do is drive kids to lessons, make meals and wash laundry, I am grateful that I have 5 kids that are keeping me busy. I am grateful that they are healthy and active. These are Blue Sky days. I refuse to forget the perspective that I gained after Nate died.
Here's a little peek into what we've been up to for Summer 2012:
Flyin' high
Kyla & Kaylee qualified to compete in the Junior Olympic National Championships for Trampoline & Tumbling last month. They both amazed us and did awesome. They finished in the top 10 of the best 50 kids in the entire US!
A fun night at the circus (had to play hooky from sports but well worth it).
Performing at our local lake.
A rare "free day". We took advantage and spent the day at a local amusement park that the kids have been begging to go to for the past 3 years.
A fun afternoon at the fair with the twins' gymnastics coach.
Winning a soccer tournament
(sorry, no pics from the tournament that they lost 3 weeks before).
Hanging out by the pool in the shade with his portable thrown.
My swim buddy who absolutely LOVES the water.
Brothers.
Vacation.
Very short but very sweet. A much needed break from normal life.
Very short but very sweet. A much needed break from normal life.
We didn't travel far. We didn't stay long.
We had to travel to the hot desert in August for a get away that fit into our very tight budget.
(You would never know that we were in the desert from this picture. It looks like the tropics...but it wasn't).
But our vacation included a hotel with maid service. That's all I needed. I'm feeling much better now.
A lazy river was all the kids needed.
Oh yah...and a water slide or 2.













4 comments:
Oh my gosh, what awesome pics! I loved seeing what you guys did this summer! And love even more that you are enjoying some blue sky days! God is good!
It looks and sounds like it was a perfect summer. Sounds like they are doing a great job with their sports. Just love little Brady in those pictures. Glad your having a great summer.
love!!
I can't believe I missed out on all of these posts of yours....sorry! Looks like you had a blast! I'm so glad you got away......your family is beautiful.
xoxo
Post a Comment