Sunday, January 13, 2013

Friday...I didn't realize what that day was


Funny how dates and events have a way of sneaking up on you.  Actually it's not funny at all.  It's just weird.

This past Friday, I went to put Brady down for his nap as I have been doing for the past month or so (before we got a video monitor I never let him out of my sight).  As I put him down, he looked at me and started crying.  He NEVER does that.  I kinda freaked.  Flashes ran through my head.  The blog I just read about a sweet little toddler drowning.  The mom I met who put her baby down to sleep and they never woke up.  I just had this erie feeling.  So I just walked out of the room...skipping his nap.  Weird.

Later, he was acting tired and I told myself that I was over reacting.  That everything was fine and I could put him down for a nap.  No.  Big.  Deal.  Again, I placed him in the crib and he looked at me with these little pathetic eyes and cried.  I immediately thought "what if he is trying to tell me that something bad is going to happen".  I knew that I couldn't live with myself if I didn't listen to that little voice in side of my head.  I did.  I listened even though I didn't know why.  Weird.  Again.

So we hung out instead.  Me and my little buddy.  He ended up taking a little nap in the car later that day while I was running kids around to sports.  It was fine.  I forgot all about my little freak out session.

Then, around midnight, I heard a door close and Brady started to cry.  I sleep with the video monitor RIGHT next to my bed.  My husband got up and realized that my 10 year old son was sleepwalking and went into Brady's room...waking him up.

Why did he subconsciously feel the need to go in and check on him?  Weird.  Once again. 



The next day I was thinking about what had happened and replayed the events in my head.  You see, I am a HUGELY overprotective mom with all my kids but ESPECIALLY with Brady.  But Friday was different.  I felt different.  There was different in the air that day.  Weird is the only way that I can describe it.

Then I realized just what that day was. 

Brady was 1 year AND 25 days old (Nate died on his 25th day) on Friday.  I don't know if there were other powers at play that day.  I don't know if subconsciously, I remembered that date or if there really was danger in play. 

But why was my son worried about him as well?

I don't know. 

Weird.

3 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I think it is always wise to go with your gut feeling. ((HUGS))
Love your header picture.

Krissy said...

Instinct is comforting! After losing my jayci I also have these

mel @ the larson lingo said...

WHOA. This gave me CHILLS. Wow.