Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Dear Disney...

I'm writing with a request for help. 

We have been long time annual pass holders (over 15 of the last 20 years).  Our son died at CHOC in 2008.  It was the worst nightmare ever!  Ever!  My then 9 year old daughter's girl scout troop raised money and bought him a plaque at Disney (C01-074). 

When his birthday rolled around we were at a loss of what to do.  We ended up spending the night at the Disney California Resort and spending the day at the park.  It was a tough day but being at the park and "celebrating" his birthday made it easier.  That day we decided that as a family we would ALWAYS spend his birthday (March 5) at Disneyland. 

We have done it every year...please check it out here: http://lookingforbluesky.blogspot.com/2012/03/in-pictures.html AND here: http://lookingforbluesky.blogspot.com/2011/03/good-day.html AND here: http://lookingforbluesky.blogspot.com/2010/03/up-and-down.html

Finances are tight these days but we wanted to keep our promise so we decided to buy passes every OTHER year and to do it on March 5 so that we could spend 2 birthdays at the park without having to buy 6 passes EVERY year.  It seemed perfect until last year when the price of the passes DOUBLED.

We are heartbroken at the thought of not being able to spend our sons birthday at Disney so I am writing to you for help.  Please let me know if there is any way that you can help us out.  We love going all year long but all we really need is a few hours in the park on March 5th every year.

With love and hope,
Trisha

7 comments:

Tracie said...

I am sharing this in my Facebook page and hopefully my blog. Fingers crossed you get your tickets! Hope to see you there on March 5!

mel @ the larson lingo said...

Oh, how I wish I knew someone at Disney!!!! By the way, we are most likely going to Disney on March 2nd this year!!! I will look for his plaque! Where would I find it?

Devon said...

I think this will be our first year not celebrating our boys at Disneyland too. It totally stinks!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That really sucks. I am so sorry about that. It's not like they don't make money hand over fist!
((HUGS)) I know times are hard for many companies but do they really sell more tickets when they raise their prices?

Mum2twopreciousgifts said...

Mel, Nate's plaque number is C01 - 074. So that is section C01, plaque 074. Section C01 is the very first section. It's on the far left of the entrance gates. Almost straight in front of the left hand exit gate.

Nate's plaque, from memory, is on the left hand end of one of the plaque rows.

I suggest you look for the plaque in daytime. And not at night as I did with only the monorail passing every so often to shed light on the plaques!!

I hope you are able to find it. It took me a while as I didn't have the 074 plaque number and all I knew was it was SOMEWHERE in section C01. And I wasn't going to leave until I found it!

Cheerio

Michelle (Brisbane, Australia)

Mum2twopreciousgifts said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I would like to help pay for your family to go to the park. I am not a rich woman by any means but I am able to send your family to the park for at least one day. Please contact me and lets make this happen.