and I can say what I want.
I'm a pretty private person. I don't get personal with very many people. This is the place where I can share my feelings. This is the place where I am honest about life. Sometimes they are happy and some times they are sad. Either way, they are feelings and they are MINE.
I'm not someone that will pretend to be someone that I'm not.
I'm just me.
I will not portray myself as having it all together.
I don't.
I will not talk about how I'm over Nate's death.
I never will be.
I will not write about how perfect my life is.
It's not.
Over the years, I have considered taking this blog down...many, many times. I have also considered making it private...many, many times. There are people out there that read this blog that I don't want to. Some of which I know personally and others that I don't. Each time these thoughts roll through my head God clearly informs me that this is NOT just about me. If there is some way that this blog can help someone else who is traveling my path or another one, then it is worth it. God put us through these experiences so that we can be "REAL" with one another and help one another. I don't think that I would be of help to anyone if I were to just pretend that I am the same person that I was five years ago. I don't subscribe to the "stuff your feelings" or "bury your emotions" lifestyles. That doesn't work for me.
What does work for me?
Being honest. Good and bad. Expressing my struggles. Allowing people with similar struggles to see that they aren't alone. That it's okay to not be perfect.
This blog is NOT where I come to share about my family or my kids. Sure, I do offer a peek at times but it's not the focus. The focus is my attempt at "looking for blue sky".
If this blog doesn't offer a benefit to you then please don't read it. Just delete me. Period. If you still chose to read and you leave a comment that is hurtful, I will delete it but I will pray for you. Even though you keep your identity secret, God knows...
Hugs to you all!
WEDNESDAY HODGEPODGE #663
2 days ago
8 comments:
Well said! Being real and being you! I am sure there are many people you have helped through your blog...you never know what struggles everyone else is having...there is a reason you have this blog...good for you to keep it going!
I stumbled across your blog quite sometime ago and have been secretly reading it ever since (having never left a comment before). I live in Australia so your blog is followed from quite some distance away. I am sorry that some people have upset you and hope it doesn't push you to go private as I enjoy reading your blog. I admire your strength and honesty and wish you and your family all the very best. Karen
I am someone you don't know, but I do gain so much from your blog. 5 years ago I lost my oldest sister to Lupus. She was my hero, my role model and having her leave has been so hard. I just want you to know that I appreciate your blog because it helps me understand that I am not alone in my pain. I know your pain is different because you lost a child but my parents lost their child and it helps me understand what they are going through as well as my own grief I feel after loosing her. Thank you so much! and I pray for you to have some comfort
I love honest people and I know that sharing your journey helps others which is very important.
((HUGS))
Trisha your blog gives me so much strength to live WITH the loss of my son, instead of bend to the pressure of society and pretend as though he didn't exist. At times I wonder how I'll get through and mommas like you make me believe that somehow, someway I can do it. HUGS to you and thank you for baring your soul- you give me great hope for today and tomorrow.
I've been part of "The Club" since March 2007. I can totally relate to your post on Drowning. Thank you so much for writing and sharing your blog.
I just want to thank you for your honesty and for NOT shutting your blog down or making it private in the past...if you had, I wouldn't have found your blog and I am SO thankful I found your blog and you. =)
I'm so sorry you even had to consider going private. Your words so often mirror my thoughts as a bereaved Christian mother and in a way affirms the crazy thoughts and moods that may hit me from time to time. Keep on writin' sister!
Post a Comment