As much as I don't like my membership, I am appreciative of what being a member has taught me. Lessons that I would have never learned if God didn't chose this path for me. People that I would have never met outside of this club.
I ache for the other members. I find comfort and hope in meeting with or reading blogs from those mommies that are farther down the path from me. I seek to reach out and provide comfort and hope from those that are just beginning their journey.
Today, I received this from a sweet mommy named Christie who is a new member to my club:
I saw it on her blog and just knew that I had to have it. I emailed her to find out where I could order one and that sweet mommy whose heart is just broken into pieces right now wanted to "gift" it to me. Oh how that just melted my heart. I knew exactly where I was going to put it.
I needed this. Right now. THIS WEEK.
I've been feeling lonely. Misunderstood.
It's been a few years since I've had a social life. I gave up the attempt to have close friends after my best friend walked away 3 years ago. My club membership makes others uncomfortable. Now I just keep it infrequent and superficial. But it's lonely. Life can be lonely without close friends. A gesture like this is a deposit that I needed so badly right now. In moments like this, I am grateful to be a member of this club.
Thank you for this, Christie. You made my day.
5 comments:
I totally get what your saying in regards to the friend thing. It stinks I'm so sorry. If only we lived closer!!! I love your gift vBulletin its just perfect and I kove where you put it. Hugs mama
I get it! Another mom in my neighborhood just joined our club. Her son was my son's classmate. I see where I've come, the life lessons learned, I see where she is. Sigh! Thank you for sharing your heart.
5 years..... my thoughts are with you.
No words...just prayers. <3
Thanks again Trisha, I love rereading your sweet words. =) You made my day as well!
Post a Comment