Thursday, April 24, 2014

feelin' like a big huge failure...

Last year I was able to make these awesome Mother's Day gift bags for some of the sweet mama's that were fighting for their kids' lives in the hospital.





I commited to doing it every year.

Well, Mother's Day is just around the corner and I have yet to start.  I had great intentions.  I still have great intentions.  Life just got in the way...

Repiping our entire house
Repainting much of our house after having holes cut in our walls for the above
Replacing a washer & dryer
Replacing a dishwasher
Completely insane sports schedules for 4 of my kids (you have NO idea)
A two year old that I cannot put in a jumperaroo while I get stuff done


So, today I sit here feeling like a huge failure.  

HUGE!  
My excuse...finances are tighter than ever and time is beyond maxed out.

BUT - there are sweet mama's that deserve a nice Mother's Day gift.  I need to rally.  

So...here I am.  Coming to my blog for motivation and encouragement.  I know that I can do something.  Maybe not as much as I was able to do last year.  But something nonetheless.

So, I was thinking...if anyone out there wants to make their own goodie bags and deliver them to your local children's hospital....I can print the tags and mail them to you.  Any takers?

If not, I would appreciate a "you can do it" comment.  

Sometimes...a girl just needs a little push.



5 comments:

Bergeson Family said...

I would love to help! Send me a digital copy of the note and we'll get them delivered!

Bergeson Family said...

I would love to help! Send me a digital copy of the note and we'll get them delivered!

Shauna said...

I am not able to help but I know that you can do it. Even if it is just one or two it is better then none. YOU CAN DO IT!!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

What came to mind immediately was a small plant even a very small garden plant from the nursery. Just a little paper wrapped with ribbon for the bottom. Get those 40% off coupons from Michael's to get the paper and string......

Unknown said...

I do not know you personally but I have read your blog a bit through the years after seeing the link on sullengers... After reading the list of everything you have been busy with all I could think of was, wow, what a great mother. You keep your kids busy and engaged and you keep your house together! No easy feat!