Friday, June 20, 2014

Summer, where are you?

Believe it or not...my kids are STILL in school!  In fact, they have 2 more days (whoever scheduled school to end on a Tuesday has lost their mind!)!!!!  Last year they were done on June 11th...

Oh how I wish that it were Summer already.  

I am so done with the chaos of school and homework.
My kids are done with the chaos of school and homework.

Can't it be Summer already?  We have got to be the only ones in the entire country that are still in school!

Summer isn't what it once was...lazy mornings, afternoons at the pool and dinner picnics at the park.  Now it ALL revolves around sports.  Sports that start at 7:30AM!!!!  And end at 8:30PM!!!!  With a few useless hours in between.  How am I supposed to get packed up and go to the beach with a window of 1pm-4pm? 

I wish all my kids coaches could coordinate the same schedules so I could have more of a Summer.  Wishful thinking...not going to happen.

Someday, I will be laying on the beach...alone...all my kids will be grown.  I will wish that the crazy Summer of 2014 was back again.  I know this is true.  So I will gladly give up my lazy mornings and relaxing days at the beach.  Instead, I will embrace the craziness of life driving kids to and from sports so they can do what they LOVE and be who they want to be.  At least there won't be any homework (except for my oldest - insert tears here).

So grateful for good health.  We had a few glitches this year but as of now...everyone is in good health.  And...I am so grateful.  Even if the engine failed on my 10 year old Suburban last week and we had to ditch it.  How long do you think a family of 7 with 4 kids in competitive sports can get by with 1 car?   So far...8 days (eight very long days...).  I'll get back to you on that one!

Summer is almost here!!!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can read the longing for summer laziness between the lines. Do I feel for you : won't be myself getting any of that wonderful laziness this year, and cn't wait to try again... in 2015 !
The kids are having fun - at least :-)