It's all over the news today.
I share the same story.
Nate had the exact same heart defect (95% chance of survival)
Nate had open heart surgery at the exact same hospital - CHLA.
Nate's surgeon was also Dr. Starnes (the best).
But...Jimmy got a different ending...
Struggling with the W's today
(Why? What if?)
Holding onto the F WORD today
(FAITH - someday I will have perfect understanding).
Love him...watch his show all the time.
Love that he is sharing his experience so that others can understand what it's like to fight for the life of your child.
Love that he is raising tons of money for CHLA to help all the sick kids and their families.
Love that he got a happy ending.

1 comment:
We happened to be traveling and I caught part of the Jimmy Kimmel show in the hotel room. I didn't see his monologue but I did see his guests who talked about this. My heart goes out to you. ((Hugs))
Post a Comment