Remember these balloons?
Those balloons (which floated westward in this picture) ended up travelling 75 miles east and landed on the property of the sweetest most compassionate Mommy. Typically we release Nate's birthday balloons/notes independently. But this year they just HAPPENED to get tangled up and float away together.
That Mommy tracked me down by the notes (all they said was "Happy Birthday Nate" and were signed by each of our first names)...found this blog...emailed me (which I didn't get) ...so she tracked down my oldest daughter and messaged her...(who happened to be in Costa Rica at a soccer tournament)...and wanted to share that she found our balloons, read this blog and wanted to reach out!
At first I didn't know how to process this. I never thought about someone getting and reading our balloons. After all...we sent them up to "heaven" - right? It was a personal and private tradition and I never imagined anyone but God and Nate getting them.
The more I thought about it-- I felt God in this circumstance. Those balloons didn't just HAPPEN to land in that sweet mama's yard. She didn't just HAPPEN to feel the need to connect with us. It didn't just HAPPEN that she was able to find us despite only knowing the first names of our family.
It was a GOD story. Like the one He gave us last March when times were tough.
This sweet mama not only gave me love and support through her emails but she also offered to help me with the Mother's Day Gift Bags that I wasn't thinking I wouldn't be able to do again this year (my Husband's job is far less than great).
This entire experience has brought me WAY out of my comfort zone. Very, very few people know about this blog and only a couple of them are people that I actually know. So when I write...I am uncensored, vulnerable and REAL. The thought of people I know reading my intimate thoughts is quite scary.
HOWEVER...
When I started this blog I made a decision to trust God. To write when I feel led and to trust that God will direct people that He wants to read it. Writing had helped my grief immensely and it's so comforting to look back and see how far I have come -- but it wasn't supposed to be about ME!!!
So as I LET GO...and LET GOD I am in awe of His continued support. This didn't just HAPPEN!

1 comment:
What a beautiful story. God really showed up and He always will. I love what this woman did. What a kind heart she has.
Post a Comment