Today is our last day of Summer vacation. Tomorrow, my 4 kids will be off to school. I always have a tough time with this. I miss my kids when they are at school. I much prefer to have them home with me. This year is especially hard. My twins are starting Kindergarten. Now it's official. I no longer have babies or pre-schoolers. My kids are growing up and it's happening too fast. I am not ready for this but I have to learn to embrace this new Season of life that I am facing.
This Summer has been both good and bad. It was a very cool Summer so I feel a little ripped off. I think it was the coldest on record in 20 years. We only made it to the beach 3 times and didn't get very many pool days but, I do have so many wonderful memories. My kids really are at a fun age and we had a blast doing all sorts of stuff. Along with the good, we had a multitude of challenges thrown at us. I honestly never could have imagined that my life would be THIS hard. Just when I think that I am over the hill and can put on cruise control again, there is another obstacle in front of me. And the obstacles aren't minor pebbles...they are major boulders.
It has really lead me to question if I will ever get back to a "happy" life. A life where I don't have to work so incredibly hard. A life where I can go for months at a time without having to deal with major stuff. Oh, how I long for that but I just don't see it ever happening again.
This weekend, my devotion was this verse:
Lord, you have assigned me my portion and my cup; you have made my lot secure. Psalm 16:5
It was perfect timing. I need to learn to accept this life that God has assigned me. I need to become content with who I am and what I have and not let that be defined by present circumstances. Easier said than done but I am working hard on it.
WEDNESDAY HODGEPODGE #663
2 days ago
14 comments:
Hi Trisha,
I love the psalm you posted - boy oh boy did I need that right at this VERY MOMENT!!
I will be thinking of you as your beautiful blessings head off to school. Aspen started kindergarten a few weeks ago and I was an emotional basket case leading up to the big day - and get this, we are homeschooling her so I didn't technically have to send her anywhere!!! Sounds crazy huh?!? I certainly wasn't expecting such strong emotions... It's just another bittersweet moment in time, that I didn't feel prepared for, that came way too fast...that reminds me of what we will never come with Liberty. : ( And yet I am thankful for it all. I will definitely be lifting you up in prayers during this difficult season. My heart feels for you as I seem to be struggling with many difficult seasons right now too. One after another...tonight is no exception.
I hope you will post how their first day goes - I am sure they will do great! I think they are precious beyond words and I haven't even had the chance to meet them in person.. :)
Love and many hugs my friend!
Kelly
Trisha,
I'm feeling that way too these days. I really would just like to coast for a while. I know I have come a long way with the hold grief has had on me, but I still find that I really can't take on other stressors fully. I will be thinking of you tomorrow. I went through that last year when my youngest at home started kindergarten. It just wasn't right since I was supposed to still have a toddler at home. It was such a big day for Abby though, so it was good to put my energy into that. (I just crumbled a bit afterwards).
I just love seeing my girls when they get off the bus after school. (And sometimes I even get a hug before they ask for a snack). I hope it goes okay for you. I'll be thinking of you.
Hoping that things will improve for you. That was a good verse!
I'll be praying for you tomorrow when the kids go back to school!
Sending hugs,
Ver :)
It has been a very cool summer. We really only had about two really hot weeks. Hope you find something to do to keep busy while the twins are in school. Sorry for the hard time.
((HUGS)) Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
Hoping they have a nice first day. Summer did go by fast. Keeping you in my prayers. I loved that verse to.
Caroline
...it is easier said than done, isn't it?
I am right there with you, although I don't know the boulders that God has put before you. I was just thinking the same thoughts a couple of days ago.
Like, doesn't the death of our child automatically make us immune from the rest of life's problems? Isn't that enough? How are we supposed to be expected to deal with anything else while just trying to put one foot in front of the other each day?
Indeed, God certainly knows and sometimes...well...I wish that He would let me in on it. :)
Thinking of you today and thanking you for reminding me that God is in control. I myself am trying hard to accept the life that God has given me...and find joy.
This summer really did go way too fast.
And kids being gone at school all day long is just wrong!
Really hope these first days back went well. For all of you.
It's hard sending them to school. The twins started, right? It's shouldn't be like this, I know. There should be one pulling at your pant legs. It hurts, just know I'm right there holding your hand.
xo
I wish you would've had a warmer summer to enjoy. Our was one of the hottest on record I believe. I'm sure this year will be quite an adjustment with the kids in school. I'm sorry there have been obstacles and I pray that the Lord would be with you all and to help you overcome whatever it may be.
Just stopping by to let you know that I am thinking of you and praying for you and your family. God is faithful and He is in control.
It is so hard to adjust to the change of seasons in the life of a mama. I have been trying to adjust for a long time to the idea that I am no longer the mama of littles. (I actually just blogged about that a couple weeks ago.) You would think I would have accepted it by now...but I guess I'm a little slow.
Love and Prayers for you...
How have you done with this huge adjustment? Olivia starts preschool next week, and I am in a panic. This will be the first time I've been home with no one. We've had no luck with pregnancies sticking around, and don't have any promise of a baby in the future either..... Just thinking about you...
xo M.
Just letting you know I have you listed on my blog for the Lovely Blog Award. Copy and paste from my blog the rules and then send it on. Haven't heard from you in a while. Hope all is well. I know you don't like Halloween, email me if you need some listening ears.
xo
You have not posted in a while, and I found myself wondering how you are....
abnmln@gmail.com
xo M
Post a Comment