Thank you to all of you for your sweet and supportive comments over the past week. I have been struggling so much with this decision. Trying to do what's right. Trying to honor God.
There's so much information that I am not able to share on this blog. I wish that I could. But I will say that I believe that we have made the right decision. My husband and I decided that we will attend the wedding with our kids but we will not be attending the reception. The moment that this decision was made, I felt a tremendous sense of peace. The tears and anxiety stopped and I was able to sleep soundly once again. We waited to communicate this decision to my family. We wanted to pray about it and allow for an opportunity of circumstances to change. We did pray but circumstances did not change.
Together, we communicated our decision to my family last night after the rehearsal. Surprisingly, they took it very well. There was some frustration but mostly sympathy over anger. I anticipated the opposite. We'll see what happens at the actual wedding tomorrow. It will be a huge relief when it's over.
WEDNESDAY HODGEPODGE #663
2 days ago
6 comments:
That sounds like a great decision. I am so sorry it has to be this way. Praying that tomorrow will be perfect. ((HUGS))
I think your decision is perfect. Glad that it (so far) has been understood by family. Praying for you tomorrow as you celebrate your brothers wedding.
God Bless you and your family. I pray for you that all goes well. I think you are very brave and need to be commended for trying to do the right thing by everyone.
Peace you feel means the spirit guided you in the right decision for this moment! I too have issues with family and have to gaurd my girls and our hearts. Blood family doesn't mean allowing yourself or your family to be attacked emotionally. You do what you can to love and pray for them, but boundaries are ok. You don't have to love them by being there in harms way. (hugs) and I pray it goes/went well! And you stick to your decision with His confidence!
I'm glad you found the decision that feels right for you and that you've found peace in it. I hope it went/is going well.
I'm so glad that there was peace and that family was mostly understanding.
Post a Comment