It took longer than I thought but it was worth the wait. We finished his room just before he turned 6 months old a couple of weeks ago.
I decided to make his room blue sailboats because Noah's nursery was blue sailboats and the layette that Nate is buried in is also blue sailboats. It just seemed right to make Brady's room blue sailboats.
I found his bedding on ebay and got a great deal on a brand new set from BabyGap (that was discontinued). We sold our old cribs at a garage sale so we had to buy a new one for Brady. This one is new and safe. It was hard to find "natural" wood to match the old furniture that we had but it all worked out in the end.
I love that most of the items in his room are being re-used from the other kids. The dressers and rocking chair were purchased 13 years ago for Shayna and all of the kids used them. I bought new fabric and had a local mom recover the rocker (they were pink from the twins). The curtain hardware was from Noah's nursery and I made the window valance (I think it came out awesome).
The kids and I bought the sailboat just for Brady. The 3 teddy bears were from the twins nursery, Noah's nursery and Nate's hospital stay (a special bear for heart patients). Shayna made the whale for him in her home arts class this year. She was so proud of herself and I think that it turned out awesome! The frames were used in the nursery of both Noah's and the twins' and I put in special pictues of me & Brady.
Here's a close-up of the special whale that Shayna made and one of my favorite newborn pics of Brady.
Sweet Jodi made Brady an awesome birth announcement pic like this one. I framed it by my computer & made this one to fit into the wall frame that was from Noah's nursery. I love, love, love this idea. Thank you Jodi!
This armoire was used by all the other kids as well. I'm glad that we saved it for Brady. It's not the nicest furniture but it's so special that all of the kids got to use the same set. The "beachy" decorations were given to Brady from Noah. His room is "beachy" but he has lots of trophies on his dresser now so he was happy to share his decorations with Brady. I especially love the blue butterfly...a gift from Christy. It reminds me of Nate every single day.
Brady was hanging out in his crib while I took these photos. He hasn't slept or taken a nap in there yet. Mama is still too anxious and doesn't let him out of her sight. But someday, he will sleep in this room. For now, he loves getting diaper changes and being rocked in his rocker in there.
So grateful that we were able to turn a very sad room into a happy room. Even more grateful to have a nursery once again. Savoring every moment since this is the last...






2 comments:
It is a perfect room. I love it!
Just look at that face, Brady looks so adorable. I'm glad he now has a room!
his room is very cute!
Post a Comment