Tuesday, June 19, 2012

perfect for Nate's treasures


I had no idea what I wanted...until I saw this:



I had searched...and searched...and searched some more. Store after store. Website after website. Month after month.  Then one day, a spur of the moment "quick run" into this store (which I might add that I have visited many times before with no success) ended my search.


HomeGoods Logo

It was perfect. Just perfect. Everything is perfect. I love the blue bird. I love that it fits perfectly into the little nook just outside our room. I love that it's the perfect size to hold Nate's treasures. I love the price (not cheap but reasonable). Love. Love. Love.




We hung 3 collage frames above it with 2 photos of each of our 6 kids.  Including Nate's pictures in stuff like that makes him feel like part of our normal family. 

We also moved Nate's special memory album (it used to be downstairs).  It looks perfect on top and the kids look through it all of the time.


The stuffed animals and blankets that we received during our stay at Children's hospital haven't been looked at for years. Now they are perfectly displayed. The "keepsakes" box is full of the sympathy cards that we received after his death and a few birthday cards that we receive each year.

The top drawer holds the teddy bear that we bought him in the hospital gift shop and gave to him for Easter. It also holds a blankie that Shayna made for him, the white hat that he wore in the hospital and the layette that we bought for him...but he never got to wear :(




One final treasure that speaks for itself...




8 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely

Christy said...

Oh Trisha I love it! I wish I could see it in person but your photos are beautiful! I'm so glad you finally found a way to display those very very important things. And I'm am ecstatic that it is at everyone's fingertips. Having those things so easy to browse through is so important.

I miss you, friend. I know your summer is fast and furious with all the running you do. I hope everyone is well and I'm sure little Brady is growing like a week. Would love to see some pics when you have a free second!

xoxo
christy

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Trisha, I am so happy for you. You found the perfect piece of furniture to hold Nathan's item.
It is so lovely. ((HUGS))

Jodi Lansink said...

IT IS ABSOLUTELY PERFECT!!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!! See, I think there is a perfect timing for everything, and this is when you were suppose to find it, and place all Nate's things in there....and it looks amazing!

Veronica said...

Love the dresser and the way everything worked out so perfectly with the placement in your home and how everything inside fit so well! We don't have HomeGoods here but I wish we did! They have so many great pieces that are unique and so reasonably priced!

brigette said...

I love it!! What a great treasure and perfect spot for his keep sakes!!! Hugs

Anonymous said...

Absolutely perfect. I am so glad for you that you found this perfect cupboard. A great idea and a great find. Hope it helps soothe the pain.

V. from Paris, France

Holly said...

I'm so glad that you have finally found it and that it is just perfect