Tuesday, June 5, 2012

summer's comin'


Do you have any idea how happy this makes me?  I love Summer.  Love.  Love.  Love.  I am so ready for the crazy mornings, hectic bedtimes, lame homework (not a fan) and overall craziness to go bye bye. 

This Summer will be by FAR busier than any Summer that I have ever known with 4 kids doing competitive sports 7 days a week.  Yes...we lucked out and have one sport or another every single day until August - ugh!  But, at least there will be no homework and no crazy bedtimes or rushed mornings.  YAY!

My 13 year old made this pennant flag in the photo.  She's just finishing middle school where she learned how to sew.  She wanted to make some extra money so we put our heads together and came up with this idea.  Why?  Because I love 4th of July.  Cute?  I love it and I was her 1st customer.  So sad that she is getting older but it sure is fun!

As for me...I am finally finishing up Brady's room (ordered a crib last week).  I found the perfect solution for Nate's stuff and as soon as I get it all finished I will post pics. 

3 comments:

Veronica said...

I'm so excited about summer being here too! We have a week to go until school gets out!

Sports 7 days a week would probably make me go crazy but it sounds like you're up for the challenge. Keeping the kids active is so great and I'm hoping I can make this summer awesome for our girls. :)

I love the pennant banner. How much is she selling them for?

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Sounds like a busy schedule but sports are a great thing for the kids. Love, love, love the pennnant flag. Can't wait to see Brady's room. Enjoy your summer.

Trisha Larson said...

Thanks Ver-

She's planning on selling them for $15.

She wants to go to a special soccer camp this Summer and it's expensive so we are asking her to pay 1/2 (teaching opportunity- we are not parents that just "give" our kids things...we prefer to have them earn them). So, she's trying to earn the money for that.

Let me know if anyone wants one and I'll get it to you before the 4th!