Meet Lucky.
At least we think that is going to be his name. We adopted him from the animal shelter last week. My hubby was stalking the local shelters and rescue organizations in our area for weeks. He had his heart set on another dog but it wasn't meant to be. I told him that God would connect us with the right dog...it would all work out.
He loved this dog. The shelter named him Thor. But again, he was told that he was spoken for. I wasn't sure about a male dog anyway. We have always owned females. So I told him that if it was meant to be then it would work out and if not, there will be another dog. But then the shelter called and said that they wanted to place him with our family instead of the one that had dibs. Isn't that cool how God just works things out? I mean seriously cool!
Timing was bad but you have to make adjustments when God decides to act. We had to pull our kids out of school during lunch to go down and pick him up. Luckily their principal is awesome and said that they can miss school any day to adopt a dog. We had another sports filled weekend and were barely home to make our little guy feel welcome. Luckily, we have a great neighbor that stepped in and took care of him.
He's been with us for 10 days now. He seems to fit right in. We ran through hundreds of names. Everyone has their favorite. But I think that we are going to settle on Lucky. It just seems to fit. Oh ya and we are keeping Thor as his middle name. Who knows...maybe he really is a super hero that was undercover in a shelter. I've seen some pretty crazy things in my life...
Welcome Lucky Thor to our family. You are guaranteed to have one exciting life full of craziness!

1 comment:
I like his name and he is beautiful. We had a yellow lab that we breed to have puppies. We had 12 and kept a gorgeous male. Our first male ever and he was awesome. We named him Zack and Lucky looks like him. Enjoy!
Post a Comment