100.5
Not scary high.
Not "go to the doctor" high.
In fact, barely high enough for my older kids to be sent home from school.
But a 100.5 fever is different now.
I know Mama's whose kids started off with low grade fevers and within 24 hours were declared brain dead...Meningitis.
I have read about Mama's whose kids had low grade fevers and within hours they were face to face with Jesus...rare viruses.
My world is different now. 100.5 has a different meaning.
I survived two days of 100.5. Sleepless nights...worrisome days. But I survived and was greeted by two more days of no fever. Zero. None. Zip.
Then...
104.8 (night five)...
106.2 (night six)...
102.7 (night seven).
Rocking my sweet (hotter than hot) boy all night long. Googling "Meningitis" & "High Fevers" & lots of other crazy things that raced through my mind at 2am. Using the thermometer so frequently that I was expecting the battery to run out. Visiting my doctor and then emailing him daily...because 106.2 is high - right?
My amazing doctor suspected Roseola...he was right. Day 8 came the rash (really day 4 - the first fever was a different virus but it all happened the same week). The wonderful, awesome, everything is okay, my baby is not going to die rash. So grateful to see that darn rash. Grateful (and amazed) that his first fever didn't come until 20 months...but it was a long week.
Life is so different now.
WEDNESDAY HODGEPODGE #663
2 days ago
2 comments:
((HUGS)) Glad he is okay and yes 106.2 is very high!
they would have had to put me on something to calm me down. You did good!!!
Post a Comment