Thursday, October 17, 2013

why I don't like this month...

Here's a few photos that I took while walking my kids to school this morning.






This is what I have to look at every day during the month of October.  It messes with meBig time.  In fact I find myself walking in the middle of the street just so I don't have to be close to it.  I don't get it.  Really, I don't.

October was never a favorite of mine.  Halloween wasn't either.  But I didn't hate them like I do now.  Now this month and that holiday just remind me of Satan and death.  I like images of heaven to remind me of where Nate is but somehow Satan gets to me with these images and it truly makes me want to cry.

I am making a concerted effort to get through this month with a joyful spirit.  It's hard.  I'm trying.  I miss Summer.  Everything about Summer.  I have to admit that I don't like waking up in the dark and driving my kids back and forth to sports for hours on end in the dark.  I don't like the school schedule: frantic mornings, hours of homework and hurry up and get to bed nights.  I also don't like all the extra laundry that comes with socks and jeans and sweatshirts (thank goodness we are having nice weather here right now so at least I'm not having to spend my days doing laundry - woo hoo!)  

2 more weeks!!!


3 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I totally agree with you and yet I haven't been where you have been. I have a huge pet peeve with the R.I.P. that people say when someone passes away. I see it on Facebook often and hits me the wrong way, it reminds me of Halloween and it is disrespectful to me. ((HUGS))

Kelly said...

This is now the HARDEST MONTH for our family. Our sweet Liberty passed away on October 27, 2007 :( so seeing this stuff all over is NOT exciting and is so heartbreaking. In fact, the last place we drove by had fake babies all over their yard - oh how I sobbed! :( I don't understand people's "taste", or lack there of! As if this month wasn't hard enough because of all of this, the 28th is my birthday. I often feel like I can't even breathe this month :( Talk about having to cling to the CROSS!!! Hugs to all of you!
Kelly

Sherri Newman said...

Agree with you 100%. I know it's probably silly to those who have never been in our shoes, but it just brings death and all that it is too close to home. Luckily, most of the kids in our neighborhood are now pretty little, so trick or treat brings us cute princesses, fairies, and puppies to our door. I love their little faces!