...but when I woke up in the middle of the night writing this post in my head, I figured I better.
So... I'm vulnerable this time of year. I referenced that fact in my last post. Evil tries so hard to break me...
Yesterday, a random, ignorant cyber bully commented on my post (this was not their first time). I don't receive many comments so I was very excited when I saw one pop up. The words were cruel. I will admit that it slapped me across the face and left me feeling well...pretty crappy. Typically I delete such comments immediately but I decided to leave this one up.
I found myself singing Taylor Swift..."Haters gonna hate hate hate...Shake it off, shake it off." And then I started to pity the person. I mean someone must be in a pretty dark place to write something like that, especially given the timing.. My heart started breaking for them...and I said a few prayers on their behalf.
Then...God came to my rescue. He put it on the heart of a perfect stranger to defend me...PUBLICLY! I was shocked. Amazed. It feels so good when anyone has your back. It felt especially good to be reminded that God has my back.
The chaos has not finished...my daughters school was on lock down today for a pipe bomb threat. None of my kids' schools have EVER been on lock down. Of course it would happen today...the day before Nate's birthday. So thankful it was JUST a threat.
Every single year stuff like this happens...always in the days before Nate's birthday.
***Thank you Julie! I can't begin to tell you what that meant to me! XOXO
WEDNESDAY HODGEPODGE #663
2 days ago
3 comments:
I just went back and read the comments on your last post, and it's important for people to realize that everyone walks this journey in their own way and at their own pace. I think it's beautiful that your family celebrates Nathan's birthday every year, but I could understand how someone (who has probably never walked this path) would see it as disturbing. You're a strong, strong woman, to lift this person up in prayer after they said something so hurtful at a vulnerable point in your life. Please don't let trolls stop you from publicly sharing your journey; there are people out there who follow you and see your traditions as validation for their own feelings, and see that you can have joy after such a loss and know that it's okay for them to smile while remembering their angels, and move forward with their lives. ((hug)) from one of your "lurkers" who benefits greatly from your words... :)
The same sort of bully who left the message we were appalled by, calls in bomb threats to schools. They feel powerful in the anonymity of their actions. Thank you for the reminder to pray for everyone, no matter how much more satisfying it would be to respond. I needed that today.
I went over to read her comment. I don't understand rude people. Obviously she has never walked in your shoes. Our world would be so much better without people like that!
You don't need help, you just need love and compassion from those who understand your journey. The rest of the world can just suck it!
((HUGS))
Post a Comment