I tend to shut down.
Become reclusive.
Pray.
Doubt.
Struggle with anger.
Stretch.
Grow.
Sometimes...
You are not sure you can make it through the tough days.
You feel so alone on an anniversary that few understand and no one celebrates.
Your family goes from a single income to no income - without warning.
You have to say no to your kids when their hard work qualified them for something amazing because it's too expensive.
Your child is the only one that can't go to a team tournament on the other side of the country because of the cost.
God answers someone else's prayer when He said no to the same one you begged Him for
But...sometimes...
You learn to be grateful for what you have...because it is sooo much more than many.
You grow closer to God...because He is the only one there.
You teach your kids about real life stuff...WAY before their friends have to deal with it.
God comes through and makes things better than they were...even before they were bad.
The past six months have been unpredictably hard, scary, beautiful and twisted. I have had enough trials and tribulations in life to know that the rain will come. Everyday will not be blue sky. So when the rain comes...I just have to dance in it. As always...easier said than done. I wonder if I will have it all figured out when I'm 90?

2 comments:
So very sorry to read that you are going through more hardship. May the sun shine again very soon.
Thinking of you.
Trisha--
I just want you to know how wonderful you are. Like you said, you have so much more than money. You may not be rich, but you are wealthy. You have what other's would die for. And you have a perspective that you did not ask for, but it has given you rose colored glasses through which you see this world and all the blessings you have in it. The picture you posted here made my heart skip a beat. You always have such beautiful photos of your kids.
I don't want to try and compare our hard financial times, but know that I, too, struggle. It's not easy paying for all the stuff that comes along with having kids....and in fact it can break the bank. But I think they grow up with an appreciation of hard work and making priorities in a family budget. You are doing the best you can with what you have and it is pretty amazing. You have created something special.
Sending you hugs....
Christy
Post a Comment