HIS ROOM!
The other kids had fancy bassinets and perfectly decorate nursery's. Since we brought him home from the hospital, Brady's been sleeping on a pack-n-play in our room and all his clothes & stuff are in a little laundry basket that I keep inside the pack-n-play.
I haven't been able to bring myself to do his room.
He has a room. It's empty. It was supposed to be Nate's room. It needs paint and furniture but I haven't been able to do it yet. I haven't been able to do much of anything permanent for him yet.
I'm getting to the point of frustration with his stuff in a laundry basket. I'm a very organized person so it's pretty shocking that I would ever be okay with that idea. Plus, I want to have a place to call "Brady's". I need to get it done. I'm ready to get it done. Just one thing in my way...Nate's stuff.
Nate's stuff is in that closet. He doesn't have much but we have quite a few stuffed animals and handmade blankets that were donated to the hospital, his hat and blankie that I used in the hospital and a big box of cards that we received after his death.
I don't know what to do with it. I don't want to put it in the attic or garage. I'm thinking that I want to get a piece of furniture that will go in our house and we can keep his stuff in that. Something like a storage bench that looks like a normal piece of furniture but inside we can keep all of the treasures that remind us of Nate.
Started searching this week. Haven't found it yet. Please let me know if any of you have any ideas or suggestions. I want to do it right...so that my heart is at peace with it.
One transition that I was happy to make was to add Brady's footprints to my car this month (Thanks Jodi).
Just yesterday, I heard someone walk by my car and make the comment "boy they sure have a lot of kids".
YES
Yes, I do have a lot of kids.
Counting my blessings. Every. Single. Day.

6 comments:
Trisha,
I so feel your pain at having to face the fact that it is time to put Nate's things away. Here is a link to our blog and what we did with Laynee's things. It was a very sad day when I placed her things in this chest. My dad made this and my daughter did the art work. Perhaps there is someone who would make one in your area or sometimes at places like Hobby Lobby you can find trunks. You could even look at a naked furniture store. I love the art work also. It is simple and does not dominate our bedroom yet is there as a reminder to all that our sweet baby was loved and that her memory is cherished.
Praying is you decide what to do.
God BLess
Oops, I forgot to post the link
Here it is
http://www.lovinglaynee.blogspot.com/2011/03/finale.html
We have a really nice wooden trunk(it is probably 5 feet long by 2 feet tall) and all of Jillian's things are in there. Her clothes, all the cards we got, EVERYTHING! We have started the tradition to open it each year on her birthday as a family...and the tears flow, but I love to look at her little clothes, etc. Just what worked for us, I know you will find something that works for you. We used to keep her trunk at the end of our bed, but we have now moved it in the upstairs hallway....it looks nice!
I think it is time for Brady to have his own room and I am sure Nathan won't mind sharing it with him. I think the storage chest is a perfect idea for Nathan's things and maybe it can be in the room. It will be their room. ((HUGS))
Love the feet on your van!
We have a wooden chest that my aunt and uncle made with their own hands. It's perfect. Not too big yet not too small. I hope you find the perfect one
Tirsha--I was the same way when I decided I needed to put Chases's things away. I kept so many things--even some of the clothes we wore when we held him. Anyway, I finally got two nice storage boxes (they're not plastic but they are a pretty blue) and I have his stuff in there. Some I have displayed. But the stuff I have in the boxes are finally put away and yet I can still get to them whenever I want to. And who knows when some day all of a sudden I'll want to go back to them. When we moved, those two boxes were like gold and I made sure they were in my car and in my possession until we finally got into our new place. I'm very protective of them. I hope you find just the right way to store your things. You're so beautifully creative I'm sure it'll be very pretty!
xoxo
Post a Comment