Friday, March 30, 2012

4 years ago today

4 years ago today, I was holding my sweet boy in my arms and feeding him a bottle.  I was making plans to bring him home from the hospital and preparing to care for a heart baby by myself.  It was the day that I finally breathed a sigh of relief, smiled and believed that everything was going to be okay.

Little did I know...

I still vividly remember looking into his eyes as he went code blue in my arms.  I will never forget the circus that enclosed on his room with a dozen people, lots of blood, machines and extreme chaos as they tried to save his life.  I'll always remember his sweet face as I kissed him goodbye for the last time. 

Today is just a regular day for most.  Today is not my favorite day. 

PS- This picture was taken just 24 hours before he died.  I had no idea that it would be the very last picture that I would ever take of my sweet Nathan.

9 comments:

brigette said...

What a precious picture! Praying for you today and always. You have a precious family!

mel @ the larson lingo said...

He was a beautiful baby. Praying for you & your family....May God wrap His comforting arms around you today.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

My Dear Trisha,
This has me in tears. It is so tragic and what I hate is how life can be so awesome one moment and beyond pain the next. My thoughts and prayers are with you. He is so beautiful. ((HUGS))
Love,
Debby

Crystal Theresa said...

♥ sendng you and your family lots of love. that is precious photo of your beautiful boy.

Malory said...

I am so very sorry. This post just tore my heart out. What a handsome little boy. xoxo

Malory said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Krista said...

It is so increadibly hard to go from hope to heartbreak in the blink of an eye. Sending love today to you and your family. What a precious last picture of Nathan...

Holly said...

I was thinking of you all day on the 30th. xo

Christy said...

He is so beautiful. Missing him with you.
xoxoxo
love,
christy