12 +3+10=25
Originally, I made 12 special gift bags for Mommies of sick kids (click here to read all about it). I was able to make 3 more on my own. I was pretty happy with the thought of being able to bless 15 special Mommies this Mother's Day. I was truly satisfied with 15.
But then...it got even better.
Someone wonderful read my blog post and wanted to contribute. She gave me an additional $100 and I was able to make 10 more! How cool is that?
What's makes it even better is the story behind the $100. Several months ago she received $50 from a friend that was celebrating her 50th birthday. Evidently she sent 50 of her friends $50 with the instruction to "PAY IT FORWARD". The check sat there for months and months. Unsure of where it should go. When she read my last post, God spoke to her. He told her that this was the project. The way to pay it forward. But...it gets even better. She didn't just pay the $50 forward. She added her own $50 to make it $100.
SO AWESOME!!!
Today, all 25 gift bags were delivered to a very special family that is currently fighting to save their daughter's life. Cancer is trying take their sweet Katie for the 2nd time (click here to read about it). They will be up at Children's Hospital LA tomorrow and will be delivering the gift bags just in time for Mother's Day. My only instructions were to deliver them to the nurse's stations on the cancer floor, PICU and Cardiac ICU (where Nate was) and let them decide which Mommies need them most. I KNOW that God will guide them...
I'm so thrilled. Literally giddy. This is the BEST Mother's Day gift I could ask for.
I can't wait until next year when I am going to find a way to make even more (and hopefully something for the Dads too)!!!
Thanks Debbie!!! XOXOXO
2 comments:
What a beautiful thing to do and such a great blessing that your blog reader helped out also. Its nice to hear the kind things going on in the world!!
What a blessing. I love how that all came together. God is good!
Post a Comment