Friday, August 8, 2014

It's official...he is swimming!




I'm not sure why this is so important to me.  Probably because the #1 cause of death for children under 4 is drowning.  I have already walked this path.  I DO NOT want to walk it again.

Paranoid...a little.  Overprotective...a lot!

I feel so much more vulnerable with him.  Before Nate, I knew that bad things could happen but now I KNOW that bad things DO HAPPEN.  

I'm scared.  A lot!

So this Summer I was hopeful that I could teach him to swim.  Not so he could have fun.  So he could live to be 3.  No budget for swimming lessons this year.  But, I watched many a swimming lesson with my other 4.   I was fairly confident that I could teach him.



It helped that he LOVES the water.  No fear at all (another reason that I wanted him to swim).

So now at 2 1/2, Brady can officially swim!



In no way is he water safe!  In fact, he is overly confident and thinks that he can swim across the pool...he's not even close.  I can't take my eyes off him for a second.  In fact, I tell my other kids not to talk to me when I am in the water with Brady because I need to focus on keeping him safe and I know that it only takes a second... 


2 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Way to go Brady! I can't believe how grown up he looks......

Christy said...

Handsome boy! Growing so fast!