Saturday, June 19, 2010

Blogiversary GIVEAWAY

One year ago today, I started my blog and put my DROWNING post out into cyberspace.  I had zero followers and no idea what to expect.  Since that time I have had more than 18,000 visits and I currently have 99 followers!!!  That's a small number in comparison to most of you but pretty amazing to me.  I am still shocked that people care to read about my thoughts and experiences AND keep coming back for more.  I am so grateful that I found this blog community.  I have been supported by more people online then I have in my real life.  It feels so good to be understood.  It feels so freeing to not have to pretend.  It feels so healing to be able to walk this path with other moms.

Over this past year, I have had a few people suggest that I write a book.  That seemed like an overwhelming project to me and I couldn't even grasp it.  But then, a few weeks back, I printed out my blog for a friend and I realized that I kinda already have.  I have written 120 posts and most of them are pretty lengthy!  Not that this blog qualifies as a book but I have written the same amount that I would need to for a book.  That is such a crazy thought for me, I have written a book (well, kinda...you know what I mean)!

To celebrate this anniversary I am hosting a giveaway. 
I am going to be giving away a personalized set of 20 note cards (your name doesn't have to be Michelle to enter).  I hope that you all like them.  I chose this design because it feels like Summer...and by now you all know how much I LOVE SUMMER!!!




All you have to do to enter is leave me a comment.  You can tell me what about your favorite Summertime activity, a favorite memory or you can write whatever is on your heart.  And, if you are a "follower" please leave me a 2nd comment so that you can be entered twice!   This giveaway will be open through Monday, June 21st.  I will announce the winner on Tuesday and you will have your note cards by the end of the month!!!

Thank you to all of you for your kindness and support!!!  I wouldn't be where I am today if it weren't for all of you.

23 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Trisha, I keep your link to your Drowning post on my For Your Tears Blog. One year and all the beautiful posts your have written. I have seen you grow. Do you know that my blog will be a year on Monday. I love the way God connects people to each other. Many blessings to you and your family. ((HUGS))

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I am a follower :)

brigette said...

I love reading your blog. You help me to know my feelings arent crazy and irrational!! I am sorry that we had to meet through this community but am so grateful I did!! I think you are amazing.

brigette said...

I am also a follower!!

Cheryl said...

I'm a follower!

Cheryl said...

I love your blog and am thankful that you have given us ideas as to how to help people suffering through a loss.

Jill said...

Happy blogiversary!

Tina said...

It's a blessing to have met you, even if only through the blogging world. You are always in our prayers!

Maggie said...

Happy blogiversary! I love reading your posts. Like many other blogs, it makes me feel a little less lonely and it's reassuring to know so many feelings are "normal" to have.

Maggie said...

I'm also a follower! :)

Kristin said...

I am really thankful for your blog. I haven't lost a child, but I could relate to a lot of your feelings because I lost my Mom unexpectedly and have had a hard time with that and the fact that no one was really there for me and it seemed that my life was the only one that was affected by that loss. Happy blogiversary!!! Thank you for sharing your story with us and Nate's story.

Kristin said...

I follow your blog :)

Mum2twopreciousgifts said...

Hi Trisha. My name is Michelle. I hope that gives me an extra chance of winning :) I live in Australia so it is mid-winter here but as we live in the sub-tropics, it isn't too cold. Smile again :)

I found your blog via The Macs. I have followed many neuroblastoma blogs over the years (you would remember neuroblastoma claimed Cora?). Your post drowning post hit home to me as I'm the Mum to a child with very special needs and as her peers tick of milestones, she doesn't. And I grieve. Having said that, I'm grateful for all she can do! Keep up the amazing writing. You say so much that so many of us feel but don't know how to put into words.

Mum2twopreciousgifts said...

I'm also a follower of your blog.

Courtney Cloud said...

Thank you Trisha for your honesty! You have helped and encouraged me so much in this past year. I am very thankful that the Lord is using you in such a powerful way. Lots of Love to you friend!
Courtney C.

Courtney Cloud said...

Of course I'm following your blog!!

Anonymous said...

I have been with you on your journey from your drowning (me to) we have started our journey towards joy. Your blog has been inspirational to me and has made me realise im not so alone xx

Veronica said...

Happy Blogiversary Trisha! I'm so thankful that you found me and we became blog friends! I will be forever changed by what you've shared here on your blog and I thank you for opening up your heart here on your blog!

I would love to be entered into your giveaway. I love summertime too and feel so blessed to live here in CA and so close to the beach. It's awesome!!!

Veronica said...

I follow you! :)

Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries said...

Happy Blogiversary, Trisha! You are such a blessing, and you share your heart beautifully. I love summer...and my favorite thing to do is enjoy my family...whether on the golf course, swimming, on a bike ride, or watching my boys play a ball game.

Love to you!

Christy said...

Happy Blogiversary Trisha. I know how much blogging and this community has helped you heal and am glad you have been able to do this. Reading others' posts have often made me feel not so alone on such a lonely journey. You are a terrific writer. I hope you continue to share your thoughts and feelings as they comfort many more than you will ever know. Have a great summer and stay in touch. An email from you always brightens my day.
Hugs,
christy

Holly said...

Happy Blogiversary! Sorry I missed it but I haven't been reading many blogs the past few days and I'm trying to catch up.

Hannah Rose said...

I just came across your blog. I'm very sorry for your loss. I look forward to "following." You should also check out my blog about babyloss. roseandherlily.blogspot.com Blessings!