March 30, 2008 was the day that my life was turned upside down. Watching my sweet boy die and then saying goodbye to him will likely be the most difficult thing that I will ever face in my life (at least I pray that it is).
Anniversaries are a time for reflection. They are sad and they are difficult. The vivid memories that I have seem like they were just yesterday. Yet it also seems like a lifetime since I last held my baby boy. It's painful to reflect on that time in my life. But it's when I reflect that I can see God and I can see the path that He is leading me down. I can see what God has done in my life the past 3 years: the pain, the sorrow, the hope, the joy. It's all there. It's not better. It's not worse. I'm just better at dealing with the pain and sorrow and focusing on the hope and joy.
Miss you sweet boy!
WEDNESDAY HODGEPODGE #663
2 days ago
9 comments:
Thinking of you, Nathan and the rest of your family today. I wish I were there... Hope that friend of yours is able to get together with you like you had planned. Love you and miss you friend!
"My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken." Psalm 62:1-2
Sending love and prayers for you...
Remembering your beautiful Nathan.
thinking of you....
Thinking of you and your sweet family...sending prayer and hugs your way.
Holding you close and keeping you in my prayers. You have come a long way and I am so thankful that God has shown you the way. ((HUGS))
Trisha--This post makes me think of the passage Joy and Sorrow from the book The Prophet (which I read on Carly's website). I know the pain...and it will always be there. But somehow, it has helped us see/feel/experience the joy to a such greater extent, I believe. Sending you warm hugs and prayer.
xoxo
christy
Thinking of you and your sweet family ((HUGS))
Love you sweet friend! Knowing that one day we will see our sweet boys again. Thank you for your honesty and for being strong enough to share your story...sending prayers your way!
I agree that you get better at dealing w/ it. I think that's so true. ((hug))
Post a Comment