Sunday, December 9, 2012

doing the right thing


So...I must admit that it's easy to do something difficult in theory

Reality is a different story.  At least it is for me.

A few things happened with Brady's party this week that challenged me.  Actually they stressed me out.  Anxiety started to build.  Cancelling the entire party became a viable option.

People can be difficult.  Their actions and responses are not always in accordance with my comfort level.  Alright, I'll say it how I really mean it:  "Some people are completely oblivious"!

Anyway, at church this morning, my husband and I received confirmation that we are doing the right thing.  We actually got a laugh about it after our pastor spent a good hour talking about how some people experience difficult situations...even downright  tragedies (um...sounds familiar) and people treat them poorly (um...sounds really familiar).  In fact, here's the title of today's message:

Redeeming the Unredeemable
Jesus' Dysfunctional Family Tree


Here's the final point of the message:  God is working behind the scenes in my life, in my family.  He never slumbers or sleeps.  He is working all things together for my good, as I love Him, trust Him and follow Him.

Ugh...I know that we are doing the right thing but it sure would be easier to just cancel the party.   Stay tuned as I navigate through a treacherous week.



PS.  Thank you to all of you who have been praying for me regarding this situation...or any situation.  I still can't believe what amazing support I have received from this community.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thinking about you, Trisha. I am struggling with something very similar. Sometimes it's difficult to assume people mean well, when it seems pretty clear that they don't....