
A friend forwarded me this blog site: An Inch of Gray. I love it. It touches my heart to see people reaching out to each other.
The Holiday's are tough when you are grieving. Actually, they are next to impossible, miserable, torturous. In 2008, I couldn't wait for them to be over. It seemed like the whole world was happy and celebrating all of their good fortune and I was alone. Actually, in reality we were alone. That year, no one reached out to us. They didn't want to try and "grieve" with us, it was impossible for us to "celebrate" with them. Like oil and water, we just didn't mix.
So this Christmas I remember what it felt like. The sting of burying a child still burns. It will never go away. Christmas will always be hard on Earth without him. At 4 1/2, I know that he would have just LOVED everything this year. It's a magical age for Christmas. Oh how I wish that I could celebrate with him...
For now, my heart aches for those who are newly grieving. The families of the kids in Newtown, and the thousands of others that are publicly unknown. God knows. I pray that He comforts all of you. I pray that you find support and love to help you through. Lastly, I pray that we can all celebrate together in Heaven one day.
Hugs XOXO
Trisha
5 comments:
Anna is amazing, I haven't missed a post since her son passed away.
Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Merry Christmas to you and your precious family.
Love,
Debby
Dear Trisha, Thank you for linking up. I look forward to reading more about your precious family here. Sending you a big hug today as you miss your sweet boy.
There are no words, but my heart goes out to you. So sorry for your family's loss.
My daughter would have been 5 this Christmas, I am so sorry that your son was not here to celebrate the year with you either. Sending many good thoughts for the new year to you and your family.
You have a beautiful site & your posts are inpsiring. Thank you. I'm so sorry for the loss of your precious son. I lost my only grandson, Ollie, in March. He drowned in a washing machine. Death is so harsh sometimes. When we share each others grief, it makes it seem lighter. My daughters story is here: hebbsters.blogspot.com
I have just started a blog for the grandparents.
We are mourning the loss of our grandchild & trying to help our children get through each day.
grandparentswithangels.blogspot.com
Sending love & hugs to you.
Post a Comment