Friday, December 6, 2013

I'm just not that into it...


Is the Christmas Spirit contagious?  If so, I need someone to give it to me because I just don't have it.  Everything I "need" to do this month just seems pointless.

My kids keep asking me why I'm in a bad mood.  Ugh!  This month.  Didn't expect it to be so hard.

My heart is sad.  I know so many that are hurting.  And I'm crushed in spirit even more this week because the amazing couple that founded Soccer for Hope is spending their last hours with their sweet 11 year old daughter.  They already buried their son just 2 months after we lost Nate.  Now their daughter is losing her battle with the same ugly, horrible Cancer.  

It's not fair!  
My heart just aches day and night.
How can you be asked to bury BOTH of your kids?

My kids have been very involved with this family and their foundation for the past five years.  I've even posted about it a few times:

2013 
2012 
2010  

I've also been thinking a lot about Nate and all of the other sick kids in the hospital.  Can you say compassion overload?  My head is spinning... 

I lost it last night.  I told my kids that we are not taking part in ANY "Secret Santa's" or gift exchanges for school or sports.  We have enough!  They don't need any more stuff!!!  Instead, we are going to spend that time and money on doing stuff for others.  God already gave me a few ideas.

I know that I need to focus on making this time of year special for my family.  I want my kids to have great memories -  not a grumpy mama.  I'm working on it. Hopefully I can change my attitude!

And...if by chance you have some extra Christmas Spirit...please send some my way!


3 comments:

Shauna said...

We have never meant before but I wanted to share. One of my closest friends lost her 17 month old daughter in a tragic accident. One thing that they have done the past few years to help them feel the Christmas spirit is to find a child they can do something for that is the same age as her daughter would have been at Christmas. It gives her and her family the opportunity to shop for the things she would have picked out for her daughter but also gives her the opportunity to serve another person in need.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I am so sorry to hear about the Soccer of Hope couple who are about to lose their second child. ((HUGS))
This is so tragic and I will keep them in my prayers.

The Hebbs said...

so many people are going through so much, its so sad. I am keeping it simple this year too. My new favorite quote, "be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle"
Thinking of you and your family and all the other grieving families