Tis the season...to be thankful. Last year I couldn't find it in me. I really couldn't. My grief and sadness outweighed my joy by such a tremendous amount that I couldn't even see it. I knew that I was thankful. I knew that my life had blue sky in it. But, all I could see were the dark gray clouds.
This year, I have a lot of blue sky around me. This year, I am truly thankful. I know how much that I take for granted every day. I know that many people don't even have clean water to drink. I want to appreciate what I have. I want to rejoice about my many blessings.
I am thankful for my husband who loves me even despite my flaws
and for my 4 healthy children that light up my life.
I am thankful that I live in a beautiful house
and that I am able to raise my kids in a safe neighborhood.
I am thankful that I am physically healthy
and I can run, swim, play soccer, ride bikes and rollerblade with my kids.
I am thankful that we have friends
and they are no longer fair-weathered friends that will leave when times get tough.
I am thankful that my husband has a job
and that he can provide all the "needs" and many of the "wants" for our family.
I am thankful that if Nate can't be with me that he is in Heaven
and that I know he is safe and being well taken care of.
I am thankful that my anger at the people who abandoned us when Nate died is lifting
and I am able to interact with most people without having an anxiety attack.
I am thankful that I am still here on earth with my kids and my husband
and that God didn't strike me down when I begged Him to.
I am thankful for the support that I've found from other mommies who just "know"
and that God has allowed me to feel loved by them.
Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!
WEDNESDAY HODGEPODGE #663
2 days ago
9 comments:
Happy Thanksgiving, sending you lots of hugs.
You have come SO far on this long and incredibly difficult journey, Trisha! I hope you see that. Praise God for all He's done and will continue to do in you.
Looking forward to getting to see you guys soon!
It's so nice to count our blessings and realize that although we have lived through immeasurable pain, there still is "good" in our lives. Beautiful post Trisha, thank you for sharing.
Happy Thanksgiving! I'm trying to find my blue sky this year, and there are days when I get close...
"I'm thankful that if Nate can't be here with me that he is in heaven..."
That speaks volumes by itself!
I am so glad to hear that the clouds are lifting for you. Happy Thanksgiving!
Trisha, I guess I'm currently where you were last year. I lost Tristan in Sept and don't want to face the Holidays at all. I know that the blessing of women like you sharing your story shows me there is hope and with God putting each lady in my path willing to share I am thankful. So God Bless you and your family this Thanksgiving and thank you for sharing your story openly. It makes a difference.
Everything you listed are definitely things to be thankful for. I'm so glad that you came to the blog world and found a group of friends who totally know what you've been through.
I hope you and your family have a Happy Thanksgiving!
So much to be thankful for...I'm so grateful for our loving God and His faithfulness to shower us with grace, and to heal our brokenness in His time...
A Happy and abundantly blessed Thanksgiving to you and your family...
Happy Thanksgiving (belated anyway since I'm behind on reading)! There really is much to be thankful for. We have so much when people have so little. A great post, Trisha.
Post a Comment