Thursday, July 29, 2010

going with the flow


I guess that's the best way to describe my present attitude. 

Lately, there have been so many things that have come up that are WAY outside of my comfort zone.  Seriously, every week lately seems to bring a new challenge (or two):  people, circumstances, issues and random things. 

Occasionally, I get myself worked up about something but I have mostly just been going with the flow.  So far, it's worked out pretty well.  Just another confirmation that my attempts to control every aspect of my life are not necessary.  I am much better off just sitting back and watching it all play out.  Sometimes it's pretty entertaining as well!!! 

7 comments:

Kelly said...

"sometimes it's pretty entertaining as well"

I love that you ended your post with this comment.

I tend to get myself all worked up (especially over relationships) to the point I am miserable inside. Then I finally realize to just let it go (It is what it is) and at that moment God shines some light on the whole situation and often times it can be quite comical!! I am usually left thinking 'why on earth would I allow myself to get so worked up over something/someone like this???' The peace that follows is such a wonderful feeling!!

It is neat to follow along and see how much God is changing each of us - through these circumstances. You really have come a long, long way - I hope you realize that! ;) It's not an easy thing to let go of the reigns and just go with the flow!!!

I pray you have a wonderful weekend!

Hugs,
Kelly

Jodi Lansink said...

I AGREE! I am also going with the flow, and it's working pretty well!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Sounds like a great plan, glad that it is working out for you. ((HUGS))

Lisette said...

Sometimes we just have to go with it so glad it is working for you. Thinking of you ((HUGS))

Unknown said...

Well said. It is definitely hard sometimes just to go with the flow, but you are right we are definitely not in control and sitting back and watching makes life easier than trying to control it all especially when we really have no control.

Christy said...

Good for you & a great attitude! "don't forget to breathe", right?
hugs

Holly said...

I think going with the flow sometimes is good. It can give you a lot less stress! At least for me!