skip to main |
skip to sidebar
so touched
I received an email last week that completely blew me away. You know the kind of feeling that you get when you are just completely caught off guard by an act of kindness that touches you to your core.
A sweet mama that follows my blog from AUSTRALIA (yes, on the other side of the world) sent me an email saying that she was on vacation at Disneyland with her family and was trying to find Nate's special brick - WHAT??? How cool is that. What is even more cool is that before I had a chance to email back with the number/location, she emailed me again to say that she found it - WHAT???
For those of you that aren't familiar with Disneyland, there are thousands of special bricks that cover the entrance to the park. Seriously THOUSANDS! I can't believe that she would think to look for Nate's brick and can't even imagine the amount of time that it took her to find it.
When she returned home, she even sent me this picture:
Touched to the core. Seriously.
I asked her to send me a picture of her family so that I could post about it and here they are:
Thank you, Michelle. From the bottom of my heart I thank you for doing something so sweet. We didn't buy Disney passes this year (those lamers doubled the stinkin' price making it WAY too expensive for our large family) so I haven't been able to visit his brick since his birthday last March. It means so much to see that brick :)
On another note...tomorrow is the big day around here. We are celebrating my sweet baby's birthday. It's been a crazy week. I haven't been sleeping well on top of everything else. Anxiety has been trying to rear its ugly head...I've been pushing it away. ALL of the "family" is coming to the party. Every. Single. One.
I haven't had most of them in my house since Nate died. Their email RSVP's were weird. As if it was 2007 and nothing has changed. That makes me uncomfortable. My life is so different. I am so changed. They don't seem to recognize that. It makes it more uncomfortable.
As I prepare for a crazy weekend (2 soccer games, 3 basketball games, gymnastics training, soccer team party, gymnastics team party & Brady's party) I will be holding tight to my little boy.
I keep telling myself that NOTHING is as hard and watching Nate die. I can do hard things. I can be with people that I don't like. I have lived my worst nightmare, this should be a piece of cake!
4 comments:
You CAN do hard things! Proud of you for facing them and Happy Birthday to your little cutie!!!
Special thanks must go to the Disneyland security guard AND HIS TORCH for fumbling around in the dark with me in section C01 to try and find the brick. We ended up giving up after about 15 minutes (the only light we had was everytime the monorail passed overhead!) and I came back the next morning and tried again. It was meant to be.
Prayers, hugs, positive thoughts and birthday wishes will be coming your way, in spades, this weekend.
Michelle x
I'm sorry they are oblivious. You can do hard things, you have before. ENJOY your little guy's birthday EVERY SINGLE SECOND. Focus all of your energy on him and don't worry about anything else :)
How sweet of her to find Nathan's brick. People can be so kind.
I hope the party went well. My thoughts were with you. It doesn't seem right that they go right back to a time before Nate was born, how can they not relate and know how your life has forever changed.
Makes me wonder what they thought about the shootings in Newtown.
Post a Comment