Back in 2006, I had these adorable "flip flop" prints made of my four kids. They have been hanging in my upstairs hallway ever since. They were WAY overpriced. I remember thinking "I can do that myself". But didn't think that I would have the occasion. We thought that we were done with four...
As you all know...we weren't.
I wanted to add Nate's prints. It's not fair that he's not included.
But I didn't know how.
It's been on my mind.
Trying to figure out how to incorporate him.
Then Brady arrived.
Certainly, I couldn't add Brady without adding Nate. Then, I figured it out...I had a plan. It involved this:
I didn't want Nate's "flip flop" to be the same size as Brady's. Nate is our forever baby. That is just how we think of him...so I waited for Brady to get bigger.
In January, I had a free day and was ready to tackle this project. It was emotional...I knew it would be. I bought modeling clay and pressed it into Nate's ceramic mold that was made in the mortuary. Oh...I won't go into the thoughts that filled my head...
It worked. I was able to make a stamp that I pressed into paint and made this:
LOVE!
Now 4+2 does equal 6 on our wall.
It always adds up to 6 in our hearts.





8 comments:
I love that wall and I'm so happy you were able to add Nate to it. What a great idea.
Such a cute idea to forever cherish all 6 of your kids! I will admit, that little Nate's footprint brought tears to my eye's. I am so sorry for your loss, but I am also so very thankful you have a rainbow baby to help ease some of your pain. Again, very cute idea, your wall looks great!
Trisha, you have such a beautiful family! This was a beautiful idea - I know you were sending your love up to your little guy while making his flip-flop. :) We still think of your family often!
LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS!!!!!!
I have been reading your blog for a whole now and love it! I love your honesty with everything! I also love this idea and how you were able to incorporate all 6 of your kids!
What a beautiful idea! I am in awe of your strength to make Nathan's, seriously. The end result is wonderful.
My brother & sister-in-law had stillborn twin girls this weekend. I keep thinking of your blog (and some others), and how people weren't supportive. I just want to support them in whatever way possible and remember their girls, too.
What a precious idea! I have Joshua's handprint on a needlepoint I did a while ago. Little did I know it would become priceless.
Hugs,
Sherri
http://thenewmans.blogspot.com/
These are awesome. I absolutely love them!
Post a Comment