This is "Nathan Bear".
The sailboat onesie is part of the layette that we bought for Nate (but he never wore). We let my then 9 year old daughter make a special comfort bear at Build-A-Bear a couple weeks after his death. We thought it would help as she cried herself to sleep every night.
5 years later. It still sits on her bed. Every day. It's well loved. It's a source of comfort for her. This morning I took it off her bed and gave it some love. I woke up to sadness. I needed hugs.
I let Brady play with it and the first thing that he tried to do was share his pacifier with him. I was so glad that I had my camera and was able to capture this. It just melts my heart.
He will never know his brother. This is as close as it will get.

2 comments:
That picture is so precious. Thank you for sharing it with me.
((HUGS))
He'll not "miss" his brother. But he'll know him, because you are keeping love alive in your family.
Post a Comment