Tuesday, March 12, 2013

I wrote a book...?

33,797 words.  A lot.  A little.  I'm not sure.  They just poured out.

Three years ago, God put it on my heart to write.  It was a specific, intentional direction.  I followed. 

It took me a year to do it.  Not because it was difficult to write.  To the contrary.  But because it was difficult to find the time to do it.  Most days are so busy.  And to be honest, some days I just couldn't "go there" in my head.  Reading through my journals and re-living that intense grief was not fun.

It's been finished for two years. 

Just sitting on my computer.  Still not sure what to do with it. 
It's raw. 
It's honest. 
It might hurt the feelings of some.  It might help a lot of others.  It might just end up sitting on my computer forever and never being read.

I guess I'm just waiting for God to tell me.

Just waiting...

Life is busy.  That's a good thing for us most of the time.  Being alone with my thoughts and memories is hard.  This past weekend my kids had 8 games plus gymnastics training in a 80+ mile radius.  It was busy.  It was exhausting.  It was good.

During one of the soccer games, my twins kept themselves busy playing with a bunch of rocks.  I kept an eye on them but was focused on the game.  After the final whistle they ran to me with excitement...so thrilled to share their artwork.




Isn't it cool?  NATHAN DOES ROCK!
I just love that he is always on their minds and they can express it like this.

4 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Love the rocks. I hope God places it on your heart to share your book and you send it off to a publisher to read. It's good to get your feelings down on paper.

Holly said...

I love how your kids remember him!

Courtney Cloud said...

I would love to read your book. You have already helped so many people through your words and sharing your heart. I will be praying that you will have a peace about what to do with it and that the timing will be right for you.

Christy said...

I can't wait to hear more about your book! And, quite frankly, all your kids rock! You are so blessed. <3