- Are you over it yet?
- You can't let this ruin your life.
- I'm sorry to hear that your baby has a heart defect. I don't mean to change the subject but did your sister in law have her baby yet?
- God doesn't give you more than you can handle.
- Everything happens for a reason...
Yadda
Yadda
Yadda
What I want to talk about today is about the wonderful things that people say. Things like:
- Remembering your sweet Nathan today.
- Wishing Nate a Happy Birthday.
- I know that March is hard for you. You are in my thoughts and prayers
- The sweet blogger who visited Nate's brick on her trip to Disney (and emailed me a picture of it).
- The amazing people that posted comments on my blog or sent me emails of support. Your comments mean so much. SO, SO MUCH!!!
- Nothing!!! Sometimes....the best thing ever is just to say Nothing!
Last Sunday I was out of town at my daughters' gymnastics competition. My husband was out of town 5 hours in the opposite direction for my daughters soccer tournament. It was a tough day.
March 17th.
Nate's original due date.
The day that we celebrated him finally coming off of the ventilator after his surgery 7 days before.
The first day that we laughed and smiled during our hospital stay.
A day that I re-live in my mind each and every year.
The "date" was painful. The "day" was stressful. The "circumstances" were overwhelming. I couldn't contain myself. I burst into tears. Right there in the middle of their competition. I just started sobbing.
One of the sweetest and most compassionate moms just held my hand slowly rubbing it with comfort. She didn't say anything. She was just there. She just let me cry. She didn't let go...
That's what helps. That's what gets me through this month...and this life.
4 comments:
How wonderful that God had someone there to help you and hold you.
((HUGS))
I'm so pleased that Nate's brick is getting visitors on a regular basis. Just remember Trisha, you are amazing and should be SO proud of yourself. M xx
Such A real post. I lost my 12 yr old son in 2010, and could relate so much to your words. Thank you!
Such A real post. I lost my 12 yr old son in 2010, and could relate so much to your words. Thank you!
Post a Comment