My heart was touched this morning. I took my kids to do some last minute errands before school starts. While we were at Kohls buying my son a USC hat (he's going to the USC game with my hubby tomorrow), I saw my kids huddling around and behaving in a bizarre manner. My almost 11 year old daughter came up to me when I was paying for the hat and told me that she really wanted to buy a $12 bracelet and she would pay me back. She's not normally a bracelet type of girl but I agreed and bought it for her. Over the next 2 hours of errands, I kept hearing my kiddos talking about money and my twins were asking me what chores they could do to earn some. They were laughing and giggling kept telling each other "shh!, don't tell Mommy". I pretended that I didn't hear them but it was so cute. When we arrived home, all 4 of them disappeared for 20 minutes and then they all came and presented me with $12 (in one's and quarters).
My birthday is in a couple of weeks and based on what I overheard in the car in between "shh!, don't tell Mommy", that's the gift that they plan on giving me. It touched me deeper than you will ever know that my sweet kids would do that for me. It's the thought that counts, fits very appropriately here. I just had to post this blog so that I would remember this moment in time.
Oh, and by the way, the bracelet was a beautiful bracelet with a silver cross and it was engraved with "BELIEVE". I'm guessing that this is a God thing and not just a coincidence. I needed that and am so grateful for this moment.
WEDNESDAY HODGEPODGE #663
2 days ago
8 comments:
That is just the sweetest story! What sweet kiddos you have! How appropriate that the bracelet said "Believe." I do agree that was a God thing!
That is amazing! I have always believed that kids know things we don't. Just PROVEN once again!
God Bless Trish.
That is a birthday present in its self. What sweet kids you have!
Aww! What a Blessing. Thank you for sharing such a sweet moment with us :)
Trisha -
What a blessing to find your beautiful blog. It is great to get caught up on what is happening with you guys. We think of you often and pray for your family. Blessings to all.
Kirsten (from Empty Arms)
How very sweet.. I do believe God talks to children in a special way.. Can't wait to hear about your birthday.. Hope they can "keep the surprise" until then!
Your children are so sweet and thoughtful and you can sure tell they love their mommy very much!! The bracelet sounds beautiful and just what God ordered! :)
Beautiful...such sweet little hearts...and, don't you love it when God shows Himself in such simple ways...
Post a Comment