I received 4 gifts yesterday. This one was my favorite. It's the bracelet that my kids picked out and bought for me with their own money. It's so sweet. I love it.
I think that birthday's are a time of reflection. Sometimes good...sometimes bad. I've been thinking about all the friends that I used to have. All of the gifts that I used to receive. All of the fun that I had celebrating. My life is so different now.
I'm really trying to focus on what is good. It's so easy to get caught up in the circle of what I don't have or what I want. But I need to focus on WHAT IS. That's all I have control over (if I even have that much) and that's what matters most.
So as I wear my BELIEVE bracelet from my kids: I am going to "believe" that I am going to get through this. I am going to "believe" that I will have a good life. I am going to "believe" that I will feel whole again. I am going to "believe" that God will answer my prayers. I am going to "believe" that God is holding my hand and will not let go.

8 comments:
It's such a thoughtful gift, Trisha. You're so blessed with your beautiful children! I think they also "believe" in you, that you'll come out of this hell as a better person, that God will bring beauty from ashes, and that your family will be stronger and richer through your trials.
(and maybe they "believe" you'll have a new reason to celebrate soon? because I sure do!)
That was such a special gift that God gave you through your kids. Keep believing! I read a verse while I was doing my bible study homework the other day that really hit me... "If you do not stand firm in your faith, you will not stand at all." Isaiah 7:9 Stand firm, keep believing, and know that when you're not strong enough to do those things, God is there to hold you up. And we're here too!
Love you!
What a lovely gift. Oh how they love you.
The bracelet is beautiful, Trisha, and I am sending you warm birthday wishes and a (((HUG))) It will be a great reminder to always believe
This reminds me about a post I wrote about the Shoulda Beens. There is really nothing we can do about what Shoulda Been and all we can do is focus on where we are now. I think the word 'believe' is very fitting & it is a beautiful reminder and gift.
Your kids are amazing. Children truly are the greatest innocence. They always bring me back to we have to believe. We cannot loose faith. The shoulda, coulda, woulda's in life. We definitely can't change.
Beautiful! You have amazing kids!!!
Just wanted you to know that you are being thought of and prayed for - God's blessings on you and yours.
Post a Comment