How can these sweet faces not bring you JOY?
I speak from my heart and I will tell you that Holiday's are always tough. But this Christmas was much better than last years. Last year, I felt like a deer in the headlights. I didn't know what to do, how to act or where to go and we didn't have much help with direction. Last year, life just seemed to go on around us...but didn't include us.
This year, I felt like I had my feet under me. I could plan and prepare much better. The get together with extended family still rocked my boat but it rocked my husbands too. It's very hard to be face to face with people that completely rejected you when you begged them (literally) to help you. It makes you feel very insecure and very unloved. That healing is a process and the forgiveness does not come overnight (though I have prayed and prayed that it would). Believe me, I am done with it and want to move on more than anything!
The only time that I cried was at the Christmas Eve service when our Pastor was talking about the birth of baby Jesus. That took my head back to delivering Nate and I did shed a few tears. But this was a huge improvement on last year. I am grateful to be able to see how much I have healed and I am hoping that next year is even better.
We had a blast ice skating on Christmas Eve and then really enjoyed our time together as a family on Christmas. Our day was simple but good. Because our extended family has not been supportive, our immediate family has grown very close. My husband always says that we had to "circle the wagons" around us to protect us from everyone else. I'm glad that we did. I never had a close family growing up so I'm very appreciative to have one now. That is one of the blessings that has come from our tragedy. That brings me JOY.
WEDNESDAY HODGEPODGE #663
2 days ago
10 comments:
We don't live around family so our immediate family is how we always celebrate and I love it. It's been this way for 20 years since we moved to California. I am happy to hear that you did okay. My prayers and thought are always with you.
What a gorgeous photo!
"circle the wagons" around us to protect us from everyone else." - so, so, so very true.
Glad to hear that your Christmas was peaceful
The "family" Christmas party this year was hard for me, too. I ended up crying at one point - - listening to this one niece of mine talk about being pregnant (20 weeks along) with a healthy baby - - which I am envious of - - envious of the belief that everything is just fine. I find myself feeling pretty off today, but I keep reminding myself this is JUST the first Christmas....
I agree, your family photo is gorgeous. How wonderful for your husband to take the approach of becoming strong within your own family. I can only hope to remain close to my children as they grow as I too didn't have much of a close family growing up. I guess we seek the things we felt we didn't have as children even now. Glad you found some joy at Christmas Trisha, despite missing Nate. Hugs
Beautiful family.....
I'm glad your family is so tight. That is such a good feeling. And it is a confidence builder like nothing else, huh?
Such a cute pic of the kids!
xoxo
So glad you were able to find Joy amidst the difficulties. I love the picture of 'circling the wagons', something that my Hubs & I have talked about in the recent past as well. Praise God for having your feet under you!
Trisha, I felt improvement this year over last as well.. It was a good thing. I"m glad you're hanging in there okay.. I've been thinking about you.
I love the photo of your beautiful children. They are definitely a great source of joy!! I think you can give hope to a lot of people for next Christmas since this was your second and you have mentioned that it was easier than the last. I'm glad you had so much fun with your immediate family and have grown so close. I hope that one day your extended family will take off the blinders.
What beautiful pictures. I love that you include Nathan in your celebration. I'm sorry for those who do not get it. It certainly doesn't alleviate the pain that is already there. In fact, it often adds to it.
Praying that God will continue to comfort you with His unfailing love...and knowing that He will!
Post a Comment