Tuesday, December 1, 2009

11 1/2 hours later



I finished painting my daughter's room.  I suppose that I should have been decorating the house for Christmas but instead I spent 2 days last week painting.  My 11 year old is so happy (and my muscles were so sore).  She didn't like her "pink" room and I had told her that I would re-do it when she went to middle school.  The past few years have crept up on me and now it was finally time.  I'm sad that she's 11 and no longer has her "little girl" room.  But I'm so grateful that she sleeps in her bed every night and I get to watch her grow up.  That is a blessing that most people don't fully appreciate!

By the way...I noticed that by Hot Bliggity Blog background was missing (don't know what happened there) and finally took the time to put a new one up.  I was searching for something appropriate and found this design.  It's called "little boy blue".  I knew that it would be just perfect!

13 comments:

Jennifer said...

LOVE IT!!! It looks amazing!

christina said...

well i love love love it too! it's too cool! i want my own room to look like this! now i wanna go to the beach. no fair! (grew up in miami so i'm missing my blue water...galveston is NO beach!) :) peace on your heart.

Christy said...

Wow...what a great mom she has! You did a fabulous job Trisha.
xoxoxo

Emmy said...

Is that a real picture, or a Pottery Barn Kids advertisement? Anytime you get bored, I got a house you can....well, let's wait a few months and hopefully I'll have a place you can decorate for me. :D

Anonymous said...

what a lovely room - my daughter just turned 12 - her pink room is only 4 years old and she wants to change it too - aaugh!

Christmas with Kasey said...

You did an amazing job on her room! You can come to my house any time and work your magic! :)

Veronica said...

Wow! The room looks amazing Trisha! You did an awesome job!

Michelle said...

What an amazing job you did. Aren't you talented! My 10 year old daughter would love that room.

Holly said...

I like the new background. Quite fitting!! Trisha, you did an amazing job painting!! I love the finished look. I wish that was my room!

Tina said...

All I can say is wow..........that is amazing. I think I might have to go repaint my daughters room now. Okay, I will probably wait until after Christmas. LOL

But that looks sooooooooooooo good!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That room is beautiful. You sure you didn't post a picture from some magazine?

Jodi Lansink said...

Ok---now that is an awesome room!!! What a lucky girl!!! I agree---looks like a picture from a magazine-----can't wait to see the next room makeover you do!

MommyIvy said...

Love the room. It is adorable!