I haven't bought anything for Nate with the exception of a few clothes to bring him home from the hospital in. We ended up burying him in those clothes and I never got to see what they looked like on him. It feels good to buy something for him.
I was mistaken in a previous post. I said that we didn't receive any ornaments last year. We actually received one from the support group that we attended at a local church. They gave them to us back in July of 08 so I had forgotten about it. It was very sweet. It feels good to have it on my tree and know that someone else was thinking of him too!
7 comments:
Trisha--I love both of those ornaments. I am so glad you bought something for him. I know exactly what you mean. I want to buy stuff for Chase all the time. I go through the toy isle and see the baby toys with 9+ months in the upper corner and I wish more than anything I could buy it. That's why these ornaments are so special.
It's beautiful Trisha, they both are. I ordered an ornament off ebay and am just praying it arrives before Christmas. There aren't enough ornaments to choose from to remember our lost loved ones. So glad you found one. Hugs
Your ornaments are very sweet. I'm glad you found something that touched your heart. I find myself paging through kids' clothes and toy catalogs noting things I would buy for Matthew. I still have all the clothes we purchased when I was pregnant tucked in some drawers upstairs too.
Another place to check out for infant loss mementos is aplacetoremember.com I have met the parents who run the business, and they suffered separate losses years ago. They now write books and do public speaking about their grief process.
I love the ornament, I would love something like that on our tree for our son ^Alex^.
Merry Christmas,
Natalie x
clanmurdoch@bigpond.com
Beautiful!
I like that second one. It just looks so precious; the glitter gives it such *sparkle*.
What a great way to continue to honor Nate as part of your family.
I really like the ornament that you picked out Trisha!! It is so sweet and that was so nice of your support group to get you that one. Great additions to the tree!!
Both ornaments are beautiful! I'm glad you found something for Nate that you can hang on the tree this year.
Post a Comment