Yesterday, I received a wonderful gift. It was from a woman at our church that I was in a bible study with a few years ago. We aren't close...which is probably why this gift is so meaningful. Here's what it was:
The kids have been saving for the past year to buy a goat from world vision to help out a hungry, needy family somewhere in the world. We decided to donate this in memory of Nathan to help other children prosper in his name. You are in our prayers this holiday season.
This is expecially meaningful because our family doesn't even speak his name much less do something like this. I can't even begin to explain how much it means for someone to remember my son. WOW. I just love it when people that you don't expect to lift you up actually do. And it was perfect timing. Yesterday was a really rough day.
WEDNESDAY HODGEPODGE #663
2 days ago
6 comments:
That is so cool! I'm so glad they did that for you. And I'm sorry yesterday was a rough day, but thankful that God gave you a gift in the midst of it.
How wonderful that they did that for you! Sometimes the least expecting people do the most wonderful things! Hope you are having a better day!
What a wonderful gesture! I love that they are doing it in honour.
This is great that something so wonderful that will help a hungry family was donated in Nate's memory. It's so nice to receive such surprises when they aren't expected.
Thinking of you and your family during this special time of year and praying for you all.
That is so wonderful. Thanks for sharing...Helping you through this a day at a time...
Post a Comment