My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.
2Corinthians 12:9
I have seen this verse time and time again the past 2 years. Honestly, I've read it too many times to count. What I thought it meant was that because I love God, He will make me strong when I am weak. That He would somehow use my weakness to build me up. I thought that it was all about me. Because He gives us free will, I thought that I had to find a way to gain strength from God and that I had to figure out how to use it. Surprise, surprise...it's not about me.
I learned something new from my daily devotion this weekend. I learned that God wants us to give up our strength and use His. When we are trying to be strong, there is no room for Him. We basically run Him out of the way. However, when we are weak, we can allow Him to fight our battles. We don't need to muster up the strength. We just need to let go and let God. Surprisingly, we are strongest when we are weakest.
It seems so simple but I didn't understand it. I have never felt as weak as I have the past 2 years. But, I never stopped working to get my strength back. It would have been much easier if I would have just let God work through me instead of me trying to work through Him.
I have a family situation approaching this week that I have a lot of anxiety about. I am going to attempt to let go and let God handle it. I have every intention of being weak. That's definitely not something that I have ever said before. I will let you all know if I am successful.
4 comments:
I kept reading that verse over and over and I like you I didn't understand it at first. It is so true.
God will see you through, he is going to be with you every step of the way. Sending you a big ((hug)).
Let go and let God. I will pray for you and the event you have to attend.
I am working on this to, last week when i was so scared in the hospital with my foster son, i asked God to be my strength and of course he was, he got me through the scary times and healed my child.
It was definitely enlightening!
Post a Comment