My daughters friend, Katie began her month long cancer treatment last week at CHLA (the same hospital that Nate was at before we transferred closer to home). She has already received 4 days of very intense chemo. She will be in isolation in the hospital for the next 3 weeks or so. This is a risky treatment. Some of the kids don't make it through...
Here is the post that I just got from her mom:
It had it's ups and downs. Katie was in and out of it all day - these stupid drugs!! Chemo ended at 11 this morning. Blood was drawn, but I believe her counts are already dropping. She's been running a fever and is now on antibiotics, her mouth is beginning to hurt and I can see her energy fading. Her weigh in this morning was 2.2 pounds down from yesterday, so they will also be starting TPN this evening, which is a feeding device they hook up to her central line. We have never done this before, but the doctor told us within the next few days her mouth/throat sores will be so intense that she will NOT be able to eat for the next 2 weeks or so. The nurse also warned me not to panic but she will be throwing up blood as well during this time - ugh!!!
Please join me in praying for Katie. I know what it's like to live in that hospital and watch your child suffer. No parent should ever have to walk that path.
WEDNESDAY HODGEPODGE #676
4 days ago
14 comments:
I'll be praying.
definitely praying!
youre right, no parent should have to watch their child suffer.
earnestly praying for her!
Praying for minimal amount of suffering for both Katie and her family.
that is so painful to read. i am so sorry she is going through this. katie is in our hearts and on our minds, praying for her.
Praying for them!
I will be praying for Katie. That sounds so intense. I will be praying for her parents too, it must be so hard watching her go through all of this.
Thank you for the update, Trisha. We will continue to pray for Katie and her family!
Oh my, I will definitely be praying for Katie!
Praying for this beautiful family..My heart breaks knowing that another family has to helplessly watch their child suffer. Please let us know how she is doing over the next few days -
Also..we hope you and your family are doing well. Hugs!
In His Love,
Kelly and family
praying for katie and her family.
I will definately be praying for Katie and for her family. My hearts aches so much for them.
Praying for Katie xxx
Praying for Katie, her family and the medical staff.
praying right now!!
Post a Comment