Sunday, February 28, 2010

up, up and away


Today, the last day of February, was a beautiful BLUE SKY day.  It was just what I needed to get myself ready to face the month of March tomorrow.

We took the kids in this helium (not hot air) balloon.  We drive past it all of the time and always say "someday we should do that".  Well, today was "someday".  The balloon goes up 400 feet into the air but the cable is still attached to the ground.  It's the only one of it's kind in North America and best of all...IT'S FREE!

It was only a 10 minute ride but one that we will never forget. 


Beautiful Orange County, California...

...the ocean is just past that hill


Let me know if you are ever in Orange County, California and I will be happy to take you for a ride.


***By the way, when we were getting ready to ride, Kyla asked if we were doing this because she dreamed about visiting Nathan in a hot air balloon.  I said no but upon reflection maybe it did plant the seed in our heads. 

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

So cool... glad you got to go do that and that you had a beautiful day to enjoy!

Krista said...

I'm so glad you found something special to do ease into March. Maybe it helped you feel closer to Nate too. Take care.

Kelly said...

Oh wow! This is AMAZING. We are going to Disney World in Oct this year and plan on riding the Characters In Flight balloon while we are there - IF i can't let go of my serious fear of heights! lol

Were your kiddos scared? Ours are quite a bit younger so Im not sure if they would be okay with it or not - especially if they see mama breathing into a brown paper sack!! lol

Hugs to you and your beautiful family.

God bless,
Kelly

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That is so awesome. I would love to try that. I like the fact that your still attached to the ground. What is the name of the place who does this.

I am so happy you did this. I will be praying for you always but especially during March.

Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries said...

What a beautiful blue sky...you are brave! =)

Just wanted to thank you for your sweet comment...

Thank you so much for sharing your heart with me. It's good to know that someone else "gets it", you know! I suspect there are a lot of us out there...still thinking we can juggle it all. Your words blessed me tonight. Thank you...it's good to remember what's really important...and to let go of what isn't.

Being still is a challenge for me...but the Lord is definitely convicting me in this area...impressing the importance of being still into my heart. Thanks again for your beautiful words of encouragement.

Love to you,
Kelly

Angie said...

Praying for you friend during this month of March. I know it will be difficult but I will pray for you to lean on God & know his steadfast love for you. Know you can email me if you want to talk about your sweet boy and I will be there to listen.

I love that you were able to do this with your family - how special. I am thinking and praying always!!

Love, Angie

Holly said...

Wow, that is really neat!! I don't think I've heard of a helium balloon like that and it's totally awesome that it is free! What an experience! Thankful you got some blue skies!