Friday, March 5, 2010

Happy Birthday Nate -- a giveaway in your honor!

Today is Nate's 2nd birthday! 



In loving memory of Nathan Ryan Larson from Erik Larson on Vimeo.


More than anything, I wish that he was here to celebrate it with us.  I wish that he was here to hug and kiss but I know that he is getting perfect love in Heaven.  I know that it's my heart that is sad and not his.  Because I can't celebrate his birthday with him, I want to celebrate it with all of you.

Will you help me do that?

Will you watch the video of my sons short but special life?  Will you tell someone about him?  Will you post a link on your blog?

If you do...you could be the winner of my very 1st giveaway!  In memory of Nathan's 25 days on earth and in honor of The Ronald McDonald House that took care of us when Nate was sick, I am giving away a

$25 McDonald's gift card.

All you have to do to enter is the following:


  • Watch the video of my sweet little boy
or...

  • Tell someone about him

or...

  • Put a link on your blog to this post


Then...

Leave me a comment telling me what you did before Midnight PST on March 7th! 


I want the world to know that he was here on Earth and how much we LOVE him.  Please help me make his birthday special.   It would mean more to me than you will EVER know!

Love,
Nate's Mommy

46 comments:

Sara x said...

I havent been able to see all the pictures through my tears. You are amazing the 7th of every month fills me with dread as i lost Livvy on the 7th November. Take comfort that Nate is celebrating in the arms of our Lord. I miss Livvy every minute of everyday so i know how you are feeling. I think what you are doing today in Nate's memory is amazing. God bless you xxx

Emmy said...

Oh, Trisha, that was heartbreaking. To see your other kids interacting with him... He's a beautiful little guy, and we wish him a very happy birthday. Loving on you guys and praying for you, too. ((hugs))

Tina said...

I stopped by to tell you I was thinking of you today & was blessed with a beautiful video in the process.

Please God, make them remember
That today is a special birthday.
Make them understand
That the memories don't go away.
Bless them with ears to hear and hearts that care.
Enable them to listen while I share.
Shelter them that they may never know my pain.
Help them to help me know
That my child's life was not in vain.

Help them to remember Lord,
That I wish my child was here.
So we could still celebrate.
To understand that
I still feel the nearness of my child.
To see beyond my smile
And the Words. "I'm okay."
Please God, just let one remember today,
Is a special birthday!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Trisha, I am working on a post on For Your Tears so people will come and visit. I do not want to win the giveaway.

Happy 2nd Birthday sweet Nathan!

Lisa said...

Trisha - I've been following your blog for some time now and I just wanted to wish Nate a Happy 2nd Birthday up in Heaven. He is such a beautiful little boy. That video was beautiful and I'm crying at my desk while I watched it. I lost my beautiful precious triplets (Alex, Michael & Faith) at 19 weeks in August 2008. I have since had a healthy baby boy named Blake, but there is still not a day that goes by that I don't think about my 3 little angels up in Heaven.

Jodi Lansink said...

BEAUTIFUL VIDEO and beautiful baby!!----I am SO GLAD you shared Nate with us! I know today is bittersweet, but I hope you have a good day with your family to honor Nate on his birthday!

Mary said...

We all understand your sorrow. I know at times it makes me feel even more seperated from my daughter knowing how happy she is in Heaven, and how heartbroken I am here without her.

Happy Heavenly Birthday Nate. I remember you because your Mommy has loved you enough to introduce your precious life to this world...

With Out My Punkin said...

Happy Birthday sweet Nate! What a beautiful video and I hope that you have a good day.
((hugs))

Bea said...

Hi Trisha, Seeing your son's video filled my eyes with tears. Too many things reminded me of my daughter. Happy Birthday to Nate on this very special day. Bea

Griffith Tribe Adventures said...

Trisha .. You are so amazing to me. I stopped by your site today because I was thinking of your family when I woke up and was then Blessed with your video of Nate. Thank you for sharing it! "Happy 2nd Birthday in Heaven Nate!"

Linda Stewart said...

Happy Heavenly Birthday Nate! I just happened upon your blog today and I sit here with tears streaming. Such a beautiful little boy. My grandson celebrates his first birthday today and I could not imagine spending one day without him in my life.

Jaime said...

Happy Birthday Nate!
Much love from across the miles as you celebrate your beautiful little man's day.
Jaime
xo

Jill said...

Happy birthday Nate!! Sending you and your family so much love.

Beautiful video! I am in tears...

xx

crystal theresa said...

Happy birthday to your sweet boy! Your little one is just a year older than my Calvin and I hope they are enjoying their birthdays heaven.

I made you and Nate a present for his 2nd birthday. I don't have your email address, so you can find it here: http://cupcakes.calvinphoenix.com/images/nathanryanlarson_030508.jpg.

The video of Nathan is beautiful - the love your family has for him is more than evident. Thank you for sharing it with us! I wish you a blue sky today.

Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday Nate!

Hope you guys are enjoying your time at Disneyland today and that God is giving you the strength to enjoy the day as you celebrate Nathan.

Lisette said...

HAPPY 2nd BIRTHDAY TO NATE! Thank you for sharing that beautiful video with all of us. It is so touching, it made me cry. I know this day is so hard for you, sending you a big ((HUG)). God bless you always.

Amy in MN said...

Happy Birthday ^^NATE^^!! Wow what an amazing video. How precious to have had the photos of the family interacting with Nate during his stay here on Earth. He is celebrating today, running and dancing. I hope you have a wonderful NATE day. <> to you and your family!!

Christy said...

Happy birthday buddy! You have a very, very special family.
Hugs from the Pearsons,
Christy

Shannon said...

I came here via Celia's blog, just so you know I'm not some creepy stalker person. I just wanted to love on you and offer you my prayers.

I wish I could say I viewed the video, but I'll be honest and tell you that viewing such things causes still too much pain. Not just for myself, but for all families who have to live their life on earth without their precious little ones. My own grief is still far too fresh. But I see that picture of him on your sidebar, and he is just absolutely precious!

I'll be happy to spread the word about precious Nathan Ryan. I know how important it is for others to acknowledge and remember our babies.

brigette said...

Wow.. what a beautiful video.. Today is the first day I have read your blog I found it off of another I read and am glad I did. I to lost a baby he would be 2 on April 12th. We lost him to a neuromuscular condition when he was 5 months old and spent much of our time with him in the NICU at primary childrens hospital in Utah. I am so sorry for what you are going through. If you ever want to chat my email is brigey66@hotmail.com or my blog is brigetterushworth.blogspot.com I am so sorry for your loss. Your son was precious!

Krista said...

That video was just beautiful, Trisha. I got teary-eyed watching it. Thank you for sharing it. I have been thinking of you all day and am hoping that the special things you planned are helping you, your husband, and other children today. Happy 2nd Birthday, sweet Nate. You are dearly missed but are loved everyday. Hugs, Krista

Caroline said...

Happy Birthday Nate !! I blogged about it on my blog. I know that video was great and I cried. So nice to have those wonderful memories. {{HUGS}}
Caroline

Angie said...

I have been thinking of you so much today Trisha! Happy 2nd Birthday Nate! I loved that video - I was crying the whole way through - such a special tribute to him. Know that I am praying for all of you today - and I know how much you miss that sweet boy & wish he was here. He is very loved & missed dearly. Praying for God's peace and comfort to surround all of you!

Love Angie

Bree said...

Just stopping by to let you know that Nathan is in my heart today. Happy 2nd Birthday! xoxo

Devon said...

hi...i just found your blog...

today would have been my twin boys 2nd birthday too....

i haven't read your story yet (but plan to)..just wanted to say i am so sorry for your loss. so very sorry.

Misty said...

Trisha,

My heart is full of love and sorrow for your sweet family. How brave you have had to be. Thank you for allowing us to walk this road with you, and thank you for journeying down our roads of loss with us. Happiest birthday sweet Nathan. Soar high.

God bless you,

Misty

Joy@WDDCH said...

I just read his story and watched the video and with tears pouring down my face I want to say, "Happy Birthday, Nate!"

I didn't write this to enter into the giveaway (we don't eat McDonalds). I just wanted to tell you that I heard his story. My second daughter has the exact same TY bear that Nate had only hers was pink. Every time I see our pink one I won't help but be reminded of your sweet Nate.

*HUGS*

Anonymous said...

You are such a wonderful mommy to your beautiful five children.Thinking of you and your family on Nathan's birthday. Please know that your blog helps others heal - you are making a difference. God Bless

Anonymous said...

I don't have a blog to share Nate on, so my husband & I watched the touching video together. Happy Birthday to your baby boy, Nathan. What a sweet piece of little boyhood
who flew away too soon.I pray that the Lord hands you precious Nate when you get to Heaven, so you won't have to wait any longer to see him.
Blessings, Sarita Boyette
sboyette@tx.rr.com

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful video! You are amazing and so strong. It has only been 9 weeks since I lost my sweet little angel. I know what you mean when you want the world to know about him. I will be sure to spread the word!

Veronica said...

Trisha...sorry to take all day to get over her. Just wanted to wish Nate a happy birthday. I watched the video and seeing all of you on video just made things so much more personal for me. The pictures of you holding Nate are so precious.
Just like Joy mentioned, my Audrey has the same TY teddy that Nate had but in pink. She sleeps with it every night along with a TY cow. I will definitely remember Nate when I look at Audrey's teddy.

Thanks for sharing Nate with us!

Michal Ann said...

Precious Nate will always be with his beautiful, loving family under God's blue sky. Celia's blog led me back to your story. You're certainly fulfilling your desire to help and bless others. I read "Drowning" months ago and will direct others to your God given wisdom and comfort.

2 Corinthians 1:3-5
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. For just as the sufferings of Christ flow over into our lives, so also through Christ our comfort overflows.

Praying for you with Jesus' love. (Sorry, no blog...immichal AT yahoo)

Unknown said...

I just found your blog. Praying for you, my friend. Praying, understanding your pain, aching with you. We recently celebrated are angel's birthday as well. It hurts so much

Karol

Jess said...

Happy birthday in heaven, Nate! What a beautiful, beautiful little boy. It was heart-breaking to watch the video, but so special to see your little sweetheart, and all the love for him from his whole family. I am crying now, thinking of you and praying as you remember him.

Holly said...

Sorry that I wasn't on here yesterday. After work I was gone until the evening. But I sure thought of you and Nate!! I love Nate's video. He's such a precious little boy and so beautiful. I'm gonna make a post right now since I didn't get to yesterday.

Happy 2nd Birthday Nate! If only we could join you in your celebration in Heaven...

Monica said...

Happy Birthday Nate and big hugs to you Trisha and your family.

Courtney Cloud said...

Such a beautiful baby! Happy Birthday in Heaven Baby Nate....Love and prayers from AL
- Courtney

Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries said...

Trisha...this is beyond words beautiful. My heart is just aching as I watch your sweet family and your sweet boy.

Happy Birthday Nathan! May God continue to comfort and carry your family...

Love and Prayers,
Kelly

Danielle said...

I know I'm late getting over here, but I still wanted to wish Nate a happy birthday and let you know that I am thinking of you and your family as you celebrate the day your sweet boy came into the world and into your arms! Hugs to you and your family as we remember Nate with love...

Kristi REDISKE said...

I chose to watch the video and tell people about your precious little boy Nate-he was only on this earth a short time but I sure can tell how much he was loved-what a beautiful family he has. I really pray for families who have lost their children-I cannot imagine what that would be like-I have to adult children and it would be so hard to live without them. I have been spending time praying for another family who lost their little girl last year and her 2nd birthday was on the same days as Nates. Praying for you all.

Natalie said...

Happy Birthday Nate. Thank you for sharing your video with us, it was beautiful.

trennia said...

Happy Heavenly Birthday Nate...(((HUGS))) for your family

Rachel said...

I just watched the video. What a beautiful tribute to Nate!!! I am glad to hear that everyone did OK on Friday. I will continue to pray for you as you face the rest of the month.

Ashley R. said...

Trisha..just know that Nate has been a part of many lives...he was a fighter, just like his mama. The video is so beautiful. I know it wasn't an easy day...but..it was a day he would have loved.

crystal theresa said...

hi trisha, i just wanted to let you know that i've posted Nate's cupcake here: http://cupcakes.calvinphoenix.com/2010/03/nathan-ryan-larson. i still haven't launched calvin's cupcakes, but wanted to get you the link. please let me know if there's anything you want me to add to or change in what it says.

hope you are holding up okay. i know it's been a challenging month.

Jennrob said...

Happy Belated Birthday Nathan! You were only here for such a short time, but you are definitely making an impact! Your story and the grief your family has experienced and shared on this blog has made such a difference in my life. I am saddened to say that I think I would have been one of those people who shyed away from your family once you were gone, afraid of saying/doing the wrong thing, wanting to give them their space, but thanks to your strong mommy, I will now fight that urge and remember You, Nate, and how your family needed support and friendship and people to lean on (and still do!) during this forever changed life they now lead. I watched your video and read your story, my what a strong fighter you are! May God Bless Your Family and keep His loving arms wrapped around them until you are reunited with them.