Monday, March 8, 2010

thank you and a winner

I want to thank each and every one of you that took the time to make a comment on my post for Nathan's birthday.  I received a whopping 41 comments and had almost 300 visitors!  That's a lot for a small time blogger like myself.  I also appreciated each of you that did a post about Nate.  That touched my heart so very deeply and I am forever grateful.

Because of you, I was able to have a good day on Friday.  I will post photos of our day later but I really felt like I was being lifted up in prayer and I was able to enjoy the day instead of dwelling in misery.

Now onto the exciting news...the winner of my first giveaway.  I decided ahead of time that the lucky winner would be my 5th comment.  Nate was our 5th child, he was born on March 5th and now that's the number of my daughter's soccer jersey (in his memory).  When I see the number 5...I always think of Nate.

So the 5th comment came from Lisa at http://jonestripletangels.blogspot.com/.  Congratulations Lisa.  Enjoy a shamrock shake at McDonalds on me!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Hi Trisha - looks like I'm the lucky winner of your 1st giveaway. I'm sure my husband will enjoy the McDonalds. However, in Nathan's memory I would like to make a $25 donation to the charity of your choosing. So let me know if you would like to me to donate to the Ronald McDonald House, March of Dimes etc in loving memory of Nathan. I'm so glad to hear that all of our posts lifted you up in prayer and you were able to enjoy Nathan's birthday.

With Out My Punkin said...

Congrats Lisa, what a wonderful thing to do! Trisha I am glad that you had a good day!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I glad you had a nice day. Congratulations to the winner. Thanks for the reminder of the Shamrock shake. I am going to get me one tomorrow!

Holly said...

Congrats to the winner! I'm glad to hear that you got so much support here!