Nate's 2nd birthday is only 3 days away. I am doing well but I feel like I have a pit in my stomach. Like something just isn't right. I suppose that's because it isn't. I should be planning a huge party right now.
We have been talking about our survival plan for the month. We still haven't selected a headstone. There never seems to be a good time for that. I think that we will try and get that done this month. Hopefully it won't make us crash and burn. We also want to focus primarily on our family. Last year we were hurt by people that didn't remember or recognize Nate. That was a yucky feeling and we don't want to go there again. We just want to set our expectations very low and then if someone sends a card or does something nice, it will be bonus. Don't you think that's a good idea?
We are also trying to figure out how to celebrate him and his birthday in the appropriate way. After he died, Shayna's girl scout troop bought him an engraved brick at Disneyland. Last year, we brought balloons with notes attached from each of us to the brick. We sang Happy Birthday to him and then let our balloon wishes go. It was sad but beautiful.
This year we are planning on doing the same thing. We are going to pull our kids out of school at noon on Friday and head over to Disneyland. I am expecting a bittersweet day. I just hope that it is more sweet than bitter.
On another note, I am planning on doing my very first giveaway for his birthday. It will be my 100th post as well so I want to do something special. I have a few ideas but feel free to share if you have any.
WEDNESDAY HODGEPODGE #663
2 days ago
5 comments:
Have been thinking about you this week---you're doing good and I think the things you have planned to honor Nate sound wonderful! I have not hit a "birthday" and can't imagie how I will feel when that comes around----hang in there and know there are people that care and that are thinking about you!
Thinking of you! How ever you celebrate will be beautiful and perfect!
You are someone I have come to admire. I am sorry for your loss with Nate and the additional pain with family. There is nothing I can say to you to change what you have faced however please know I think about you often. Keep moving forward, you are healing well. Your most recent post with your family member apologizing was amazing and I too am feeling a similar hurt with family. You have helped me with how to handle others and your wording is outstanding. I think anything you do on the ^^angel-bday^^ will be enough. I have read another blog reader that will also be doing a mile walk to remember all of the "steps" not taken in that year. Maybe that will be something to remember on your journey that day. Thank you again!
Thinking of your and your family this week and month, and always actually. I am a lurker but so touched by your story, I wanted to come out of hiding and let you know I am keeping you and your family in my prayers. God Bless Julie
Been thinking about you today and for what tomorrow will bring for you and your family.
Post a Comment